Discussion relating to the operations of MTA MetroNorth Railroad including west of Hudson operations and discussion of CtDOT sponsored rail operations such as Shore Line East and the Springfield to New Haven Hartford Line

Moderators: GirlOnTheTrain, nomis, FL9AC, Jeff Smith

by DutchRailnut

That would be the MNCR president Mr. Canito. The new switch to Museum should be in on 05/27 by 5pm last I heard.

by UpperHarlemLine4ever

Thank you for the information. I know there are lots of you out there that didn't like these cars but they are the last vestages of the New York Central Railroad and they served the New York Central, Penn Central, Conrail and Metro-North well. Thanks to all that made saving the cars possible.

by ANDY117

Are the cars there yet?

by Otto Vondrak

Don't worry, when the cars are moved to DRM, there will be a full report, I'm sure.

-otto-

by R384149

I wish i could get one of the old seats from one of the 1100s on the scrap tracks :wink: .

by li7039

any pictures of the ACMUS beaing scraped

or on there way to be scraped

by DutchRailnut

not unless you got a railfan in Ohio

by Otto Vondrak

It's been a while- how many cars are left on the property? what is their status? Are any more cars about to be shipped to Ohio?

-otto-

by KFRG

A month ago a string of 1100's with the "FICX" scrapper markings were being stored at the Croton-North dead line. Have they been sent out yet?

by DutchRailnut

I believe so but 9 cars still remain on track 8 in Mount Vernon Yard accros from Endico.

by Guest

So if the ACMU's are retired, that means that the low-platform stations will get high platforms right?

by DutchRailnut

There are no low platform station in third rail territory, only on the upper end of both Harlem and Hudson and Waterbury and Danbury branch non of them were ACMU territory.

by harmon44

According to the new DRM Newsletter, the museum will be getting number 1128 and 1171. Nothing metioned about when they will be moved.
Last edited by harmon44 on Tue Jul 19, 2005 2:38 pm, edited 1 time in total.

by Otto Vondrak

Metro-North has to put the old Danbury yard lead back together first, right?

by DutchRailnut

Museum switch and lead are back together but since DRM wants a free move it will happen if and when MNCR feels like it.