Discussion relating to the operations of MTA MetroNorth Railroad including west of Hudson operations and discussion of CtDOT sponsored rail operations such as Shore Line East and the Springfield to New Haven Hartford Line

Moderators: GirlOnTheTrain, nomis, FL9AC, Jeff Smith

by UpperHarlemLine4ever

How much would it cost in dollars to pay for the move??

by DutchRailnut

A thousand $$ or so figuring 3 crew members and fuel for engine and other cost.

by Hudsonrail

Metro North was set to move them about a month ago, but the lead to the DRM yard was blocked. I was at the museum last night and heard that they would have been moved if there was an engine available. So it could be any day now.

by brnxvill

I must say it's pretty sad to see these great riding cars becoming overgrown with weeds and covered with grafitti like they are north of MT Vernon W. I think it's only a matter of time before they start breaking the windows etc fires etc....

by DutchRailnut

the cars at mt vernon are going to scrap, the two at nwp are museum bound.

by emfinite

Where exactly are these cars near Mount Vernon West?

Joe

by Terminal Proceed

The cars are just north of the station on the West side of the tracks.

by UpperHarlemLine4ever

Any new information about the status of the cars at NWP?

by Hudsonrail

Metro North wanted to move them to the DRM on a couple of occassions. But trackwork in Danbury and a couple of logistical problems on their end prevented the movements. They are doing the move on their dime, so we'll have to be patient and play by their rules. I'm anxious to get the cars and see what shape they are in.

Here's a question for any of the MNRR employees in the group. Back in the late 90's several of us from the DRM were given a brief tour of NWP. One of the managers at NWP mentioned that he thought a couple of the ACMU's still had their original seats. Was that true?
Stan Madyda
Project Manager

by DutchRailnut

They all have original seats , just refurbished with new covers.

by dijgrum

It is planned to move the two ACMU's with the PMMO from North White Plains to Stamford tonight (8/26) for future movement to Danbury.

by Terminal Proceed

The ACMU's were moved to Danbury on Fri night. They are being towed to the Danbury museum this morning/afternoon. They are being towed by the 543 GP 8 and will follow the 1211 train up the branch.

Kevin

by Hudsonrail

They're here. They are in decent shape. We'll have to spend some time cleaning them. It appears they were taken out of service and did not get a final cleaning. Some parts are missing and there is some minor rust. Also some scrapes on the sides where they might have brisuhed up against the platform. Overall we are pleased with what we received.
Stan Madyda
DRM

by Nasadowsk

Out of curiosity, is the entire prouplsion/braking system there? i.e., could the cars ever theoreticlly run again?

by oddball

the cars dont have third rail shoes but they do still have thier traction motors intact.