Discussion of the past and present operations of the Long Island Rail Road.

Moderator: Liquidcamphor

by badneighbor

I know we are a month and a few weeks away, but it never hurts to ask early... any lead info on this arrival? Always a hot topic on here...

by Long Island 7285

i no i am a moron and i have no life but i canyt help beeing the way i am cause i am a nit an thats thye way it is.

by LIRRTrainbuff

The train always comes in a day before the first show which is on March 14th. So the train should arrive sometime on the 13th between the morning and evening rush hour.

by M1 9147

Lets put it to you guys this way, if I'm there, I'm not daring to be in any ones way, and as long as you do that, you're ok to take your pics.

by NIMBYkiller

I might hit up the main line this yr for its arrival/departure

by RPM2Night

the 13th is a monday. If that's the case, then I will be able to make it. I don't have class that day....and if I get my p/t job before then, I will take that day off and just relax there in GC all day. hehe

by N221UA

So...Did it make it to the winter wonderland?

by pgengler

N221UA wrote:So...Did it make it to the winter wonderland?
It's next month, not this one.

by RetiredLIRRConductor

Should be in 9 or 10 days for the circus train on the garden mitchell secondary. By the way, when they perform at the garden, the train will be laid up in the Long Island city passenger yard.

by RPM2Night

Yeah, I could use the times too if they are available. Silly me, I started working p/t again and it didn't even hit me that the day was coming up so soon....and I forgot to ask for the day off. I'll try to adjust my schedule around it if possible. Thanks
  by Steel Wheel

For those of you who have never had the chance to watch the Circus train come in its worth it if you have the time. It takes a few hours before all is said and done so dress warm if it’s cold. Here is a video that I took from 2004 that should give you an idea of what you can expect. Enjoy
http://www.proto1.net/gc/circus%20video%20small.wmv

Ps: If anyone has the exact time the train will pass Floral Park I would love to video it in its entirety as it passes by. Anyone?

by Frank

I may try to make it. What day is it supposed to arrive anyway?
  by Ocala Mike

Back in the early 90's, I was returning home on a PJ train that I boarded at Hunters Point Avenue. Had the good fortune to see that year's Circus Train traveling E/B on an adjacent track (must have just come out of the tunnel from NYP). Still remember the "little people" (can't call them midgets any more, not PC) running up and down the aisles of their train in varying states of intoxication waving at us poor commuter schmos going home to suburbia right next to them. For just an instant, I thought that I should have chucked everything and joined the circus years earlier!

by N221UA

Does the train arrive LIC via the mainline or lower montauk branch?

by NIMBYkiller

Frank, if you had bothered to READ the thread, you would know that it is due in on the 13th. And BTW, I doubt it uses the Lower Montauk since some cars are also layed up at HPA