Discussion of the past and present operations of the Long Island Rail Road.

Moderator: Liquidcamphor

by B&ABL256

that would look cool or maybe with orange cab and orange stripe.

by RPM2Night

How about an M7 with the solid blue stripe down the side below the windows, like the M1s and M3s used to have.

by AmtrakPhill629

Long Island 7285

DE's dont look good period, but tichy gives them a shot at more respect.

just slapping a dashing dan on the cab doors will make a hell of a diffrence., i say get out the tichy.

we have a better chance in seeing a 1500 in tichy and goodfellow, and there is no reason it cannot be done, look at UP they painted there heritage units, in fallen flags schemes, for what is beleive to be a result of the case with lionel using UP and its subsidies logos.

so MTA legally can paint somthing in goodfellow or tichy.

DE/DM are the most beautiful diesel that the LIRR ever had no matter what paint scheme they are in. seeing the 1500's in tichy and goodfellow is a waste of paint. LIRR should Paint them blue and white or leave them the way they are.

by Long Island 7285

MTA sposedly owns all the LIRR paint schemes through as part of there aquireing the LIRR from the pensy.

so if MTA wanted to they can go tichy and goodfellow on anything they have passenger/yard

by LIRRNOVA55

Long Island 7285 wrote:MTA sposedly owns all the LIRR paint schemes through as part of there aquireing the LIRR from the pensy.

so if MTA wanted to they can go tichy and goodfellow on anything they have passenger/yard
And thats the day i run 193 through hell on sunday. . .

by Long Island 7285

More or Less 193 being operationally restored and returned to LI with Nova 55 at the blade. being pushed by 2 G5s.

by Paul

Dave? There is yet "another" G5s out there in the wings, waiting, waiting, waiting...

by B&ABL256

W-193 restored to operation is like a ground up litterally, it would be cheaper to build a whole new plow, now if money was not an issue I think it could be done.
mike

by Dave Keller

Paul:

That wouldn't be the one that was mysteriously wrecked in a collision with a test DD1 on the Central Extension and mysteriously buried in the parking lot in front of what later became Fortunoff's, would it?

Oops . . . that was supposed to be a secret. . . . . Sorrrrrrrry!

Dave

P.S. After all. . . . . . Clive Cussler found a Civil War-era ship in a parking lot (of course, the parking lot wasn't there back in the Civil War. Cars were very scarce at the time!! :wink: ) DK

by Long Island 7285

Time to go myth busting :-D

by UN Block

I second Pappy's comments! These drawings are a hoot! I LOVE them! And yes, the Tichy schemes are THE BEST, with the Goodfellow and World's Fair schemes a close second.

KEEP THEM COMING!!! ANY first generation diesel would look great.

Thanks!

by Long Island 7285

im working on a modified paint scheme S1 in tichy

I might do a high good gp9

by Paul

Actually Dave, that wasnt the one I was thinking about at all. I will see if anyone can figure out what I am talking about. Anyway, I never heard of one being burried. Sounds like an urban legend to me. Legend has it that a fairly large PRR steamer is burried in a swamp somewhere in upstate NY after it derailed and sank.
I am sure if there is indeed one burried under a parking lot, with a correct amount of well placed explosives we could do some seismic testing and try to locate it that way. Besides being loud, I love playing with explosives.
I'll bring the D-8.:-D