Discussion of the past and present operations of the Long Island Rail Road.

Moderator: Liquidcamphor

by Richard Glueck

The Tichy makes the FP45 look almost road worthy.

by Lirr168

Richard Glueck wrote:The Tichy makes the FP45 look almost road worthy.
Wow, I never thought I would see the day when you called an EMD unit road worthy, lol.

by LIRRNOVA55

I think my heart just skipped a few beats after reading that Rich!!

I never thought this thread would reach 10 pages long. .I must comment everyone that contributed there work!!

by susquehannaQ

Can anyone do an SD45 in the GP38 wave paint scheme?

Q

by Lirr168

susquehannaQ wrote:Can anyone do an SD45 in the GP38 wave paint scheme?

Q
sure, it will be done soon

by Paul

Can anyone do an SD45 in the GP38 wave paint scheme?Q
Just find a picture of the Milwaukee Railroad's bicentenial unit and you'll have one. :wink:
Click the link:http://www.railroad.net/forums/viewtopi ... ht=#141338
The Tichy makes the FP45 look almost road worthy.
Richard: If I recall from my days working at the "Squeak" that is not an FP-45 but an F-45(we had two former GNs). BTW, one of the "trim" locomotives we have at West Colton is an ex E-L SDP-45, altho it has long since given up that fuel hog 20-645F for an even lessor efficiant 16-645 and the steam genny is gone as well.
And yes, I did take a picture of it.
  by H.F.Malone

Paul, you might recall that the EL SDP45s had no boilers, but were the "stretch" version so they could have those 5000 (?) gallon fuel tanks crammed under the frame. Thse were the 1972-delivered units, I seem to recall.

Did you ever get that SP RS32 home, and did Big Yellow make good on the damage and the replacement drawbar?

And finally, when were you at NYSW? Was it in Little Ferry? Say, about 1984-85?

by Paul

Did you ever get that SP RS32 home, and did Big Yellow make good on the damage and the replacement drawbar?
The RS32 is safe and sound at Pacific Southwest Railway Museum. We had to buy the coupler from the Apache Railway, in Snowflake, Arizona and transport it to City of Industry, California. U.P. did install it for us at no charge, however the PSRM payed full freight for the shipment. As I have just completed my task od getting the museum's Alco RSX-4 (MRS1) up and running, I am scheduled to go back to the museum in January,'06 to start prepping an F-M H20-44 for return to service and do an inspection on the RS32. As of now, the RS32 is on idler wheels. We are trying to come up with four good combos instead of re-wheeling the combos that we have. It would be easier in the long run to do it this way. Also, we dont have a drop table to do the work so we will need to pull the trucks out and flip them over to install the new combos.

http://psrm.org/roster/diesel/d-4004/7304-paypal.htm

http://psrm.org/roster/diesel/d-4004/index.html
And finally, when were you at NYSW? Was it in Little Ferry? Say, about 1984-85?
I started on NYSW during the Sparta Mountain rehab as a mechanic on the track gang. I decided that 18 20 hours a day, 6 days a week plus 8 hours on Sundays, all at straight time wasn't worth the stress on my family. This was early 1987. I quit and wound up working for them again about two months later after I ran into Dick Clemons who was then CMO. He hired me to work in the roundhouse at WS. Dave Powell canned me in July '88 after a failed unionization attempt after my transfer to Bing. I started three days later at Conrail @ Selkirk making way more than I did at NYSW. Funny, Powell said I would never amount to anything. What an ass hole he was (is?). He was the reason NYSW offed all the Alcos.
Do I know you???

by li7039

how bout a F59 in the current Dm scheme for msts