Discussion of the past and present operations of the Long Island Rail Road.

Moderator: Liquidcamphor

by tushykushy

Wow Dave... nice pictures. That first one of obviously Beth Interlocking, with the central branch coming off on the right?

by Dave Keller

Thanx Tushy!

Yes, the first shot was at "B" (now "BETH") with the tower a little distance behind the photographer and the Central branch off to the right. The train is westbound on the Main Line.

The 2nd shot shows the unit laying up on the wye at Ronkonkoma.

(Both photos shot by Jules Krzenski.)

Dave Keller

by Long Island 7285

Here is my DE Image[/img]

by scopelliti

OK, here is the Goodfellow DE30ac:

by Richard Glueck

You know, everyone of these paint schemes seems better than what is currently the accepted MTA accepted one. These out to get copied, printed in high quality resolution and color, and sent in to the company for evaluation. The Goodfellow Era DE is just great!

NOVA55, post my FA in Goodfellow scheme!

by LIRRNOVA55

There ya go Richard!

by RRChef

Some really great work here. Thanks to everyone for sharing.
I doubt if the MTA would ever be interested in any of these paint schemes. They would cost too much.. However, I think some of these would be great limited run models to be used as fund raising by some of the local organizations. I'm sure there would be lots of interest in these judging by the response on this thread.

by LIRRNOVA55

ALCo PA On Request from Richard

by Long Island 7285

I actully plan on painting a GP38-2 and SD40-2 in the Tichy and Good fellow scheme, (time & capital permitting)

by mp15ac

About twenty years ago I painted for a friend a couple of brass GP38-2's in "surf's up" scheme, but in gray and orange with the appropriate lettering and "Dashing Dan" heralds. Boy did thoses models look good!

Stuart

by Long Island 7285

DE's dont look good period, but tichy gives them a shot at more respect.

just slapping a dashing dan on the cab doors will make a hell of a diffrence., i say get out the tichy.

we have a better chance in seeing a 1500 in tichy and goodfellow, and there is no reason it cannot be done, look at UP they painted there heritage units, in fallen flags schemes, for what is beleive to be a result of the case with lionel using UP and its subsidies logos.

so MTA legally can paint somthing in goodfellow or tichy.

by Form 19

The cowlings on the engines are stainless...maybe you guys should design something with that in mind?

by Richard Glueck

In my personal opinion, if you are stuck with those God-awful ugly DE's, the Goodfellow era color scheme is outstanding. I doubt anyone with any authority on the LIRR looks at this site, but if they do...may I suggest that they give heritage units and color schemes a real round of thought?

by scopelliti

Are there any M-7 drawings around? I don't seem to see any on the two sites mentioned in this thread (unless I've got the names wrong).

by LIRRNOVA55

None that i know of. M7 with a red stripe would be cool. .