Discussion relating to the operations of MTA MetroNorth Railroad including west of Hudson operations and discussion of CtDOT sponsored rail operations such as Shore Line East and the Springfield to New Haven Hartford Line

Moderators: GirlOnTheTrain, nomis, FL9AC, Jeff Smith

by gregorygrice

ACeInTheHole wrote:I asked the guy who took them, directly, when he saw them, as I already said, yesterday early morning. with CSXs shenanigans, they may be awhile out from Croton, just keep your eyes out for now is all Greg.
Have they reached Selkirk yet? CSX is extremely inconsistent with their MNR deliveries and I'm not too much in the mood to be waiting out till 4AM only for them to outlaw north of CP75. Happens all the time so I guess we'll just see whenever they get to Croton and some MNR employee takes a photo.
  by ACeInTheHole

gregorygrice wrote:
ACeInTheHole wrote:I asked the guy who took them, directly, when he saw them, as I already said, yesterday early morning. with CSXs shenanigans, they may be awhile out from Croton, just keep your eyes out for now is all Greg.
Have they reached Selkirk yet? CSX is extremely inconsistent with their MNR deliveries and I'm not too much in the mood to be waiting out till 4AM only for them to outlaw north of CP75. Happens all the time so I guess we'll just see whenever they get to Croton and some MNR employee takes a photo.
As I said, Berea Ohio as of 2 days ago, so theyre not near Croton yet, no idea what symbol that train was, where it came from or where it was going, i.e. If the M8s have to switch to another train before going to Selkirk or what not, all I know is it is Eastbound and they were on it. dont stay up til 4AM or whatever, not worth it, just if ya see a random three set of shiny M8s sitting there one day within the next couple weeks let us know is all. It will be obvious if its the set, that east end car is half of a pair, it will stick right out.
  by Backshophoss

Watch the "Black Hole" of Selkirk reroute the M-8's to MBTA instead of Croton West or New Haven. :P
  by ACeInTheHole

Backshophoss wrote:Watch the "Black Hole" of Selkirk reroute the M-8's to MBTA instead of Croton West or New Haven. :P
Wellp, we had the one GP40MC take off to Chicago and a PL42 go to South Dakota from there.. So, wouldnt be a stretch.
  by gregorygrice

ACeInTheHole wrote:
gregorygrice wrote:
As I said, Berea Ohio as of 2 days ago, so theyre not near Croton yet, no idea what symbol that train was, where it came from or where it was going, i.e. If the M8s have to switch to another train before going to Selkirk or what not, all I know is it is Eastbound and they were on it. dont stay up til 4AM or whatever, not worth it, just if ya see a random three set of shiny M8s sitting there one day within the next couple weeks let us know is all. It will be obvious if its the set, that east end car is half of a pair, it will stick right out.

The reason why I asked is because there is no "thru" train to the Hudson Line. All southbound Hudson Line freights originate (and are built) at Selkirk. As for the M8s, they are delivered by themselves by Q701 (trash train symbol)
  by gregorygrice

The thread is locked so if Jeff or any other admin can, please move this to that thread.

Not my photo, but this was sent to me by a friend from today. The cars were delivered by CSX Q701 last night. The single car that's by itself is numbered 9193. I don't know the numbers of the pair that came with that car. Dutch, do you want to investigate an explanation for this?
  by ACeInTheHole

gregorygrice wrote:The thread is locked so if Jeff or any other admin can, please move this to that thread.

Not my photo, but this was sent to me by a friend from today. The cars were delivered by CSX Q701 last night. The single car that's by itself is numbered 9193. I don't know the numbers of the pair that came with that car. Dutch, do you want to investigate an explanation for this?
So I aint crazy.
  by DutchRailnut

well you are, but still trying to confirm what cars are for, and if CDOT/MN lied about all cars being on property .
  by ACeInTheHole

The half pair has the same number as one of the bridgeport wrecks, my question is is this the same car or a whole new 9193?
  by DutchRailnut

must be new one as original cars are still in Bridgeport and impounded by FRA/NTSB /Legal Dept .
the replacements were reported on MN as of Nov 2014 so don't know what is going on.