Railroad Forums 

• The Honorary Nonsense 7277 Sideswipe Where's Cruiser Thread

• Discussion related to New Jersey Transit rail and light rail operations.
Discussion related to New Jersey Transit rail and light rail operations.

Moderators: lensovet, Kaback9, nick11a

#1178462  by 25Hz

They just passed a bill to keep the small & medium towers open, which is very good news for small carriers here in the US.
 #1178777  by NJT4115

There's an airline to Cincinnati that flies out of Morristown.
 #1178790  by 25Hz

Frontier recently started flights out of trenton mercer. The first commercial carrier to do such in years. I really wish they would extend the wires a bit and put a station in for the airport. That would be amazing.
 #1179567  by MBTA1016

Here's some good nonsense from up here in MA. Someone tried to surf a redline subway train by riding on the roof.
I'll get the link to the story shortly

Edit: here's the link to the story. http://boston.com/metrodesk/2013/04/29/ ... story.html
 #1179577  by Don31

Mbta fan wrote:Here's some good nonsense from up here in MA. Someone tried to surf a redline subway train by riding on the roof.

Edit: here's the link to the story. http://boston.com/metrodesk/2013/04/29/ ... story.html
There's a really cool video on YouTube showing a guy, in Europe someplace, train surfing. Pretty intense.....
 #1179654  by 25Hz

Don31 wrote:
Mbta fan wrote:Here's some good nonsense from up here in MA. Someone tried to surf a redline subway train by riding on the roof.

There's a really cool video on YouTube showing a guy, in Europe someplace, train surfing. Pretty intense.....
That was a man who had terminal cancer and made it a personal mission to ride on the back of the fastest ICE routes, and he used specialized equipment to do it safely.
 #1179696  by Don31

25Hz wrote:
Don31 wrote:

That was a man who had terminal cancer and made it a personal mission to ride on the back of the fastest ICE routes, and he used specialized equipment to do it safely.
Not the one I saw. It was two college kids, with no equipment at all.
 #1179825  by MBTA1016

We have had college kids up here in Boston riding on the couplers of a green line trolley before. I just never expected it to happen on a red line train.
 #1179852  by ACeInTheHole

We had one kid down in this area, I believe from Queens or so, who thought it would be a good idea to open up the emergency hatch on a double decker party bus and stick his head into the breeze.. unfortunately, a highway overpass was waiting for him.. head stuck out a 50 or 60 mile an hour party bus into the underside of a highway overpass, don't need to tell you how that one ended.
 #1179903  by Silverliner II

beanbag wrote:We had one kid down in this area, I believe from Queens or so, who thought it would be a good idea to open up the emergency hatch on a double decker party bus and stick his head into the breeze.. unfortunately, a highway overpass was waiting for him.. head stuck out a 50 or 60 mile an hour party bus into the underside of a highway overpass, don't need to tell you how that one ended.
Not even Advil would stop that headache, that's for sure....
 #1179914  by ACeInTheHole

Silverliner II wrote:
beanbag wrote:We had one kid down in this area, I believe from Queens or so, who thought it would be a good idea to open up the emergency hatch on a double decker party bus and stick his head into the breeze.. unfortunately, a highway overpass was waiting for him.. head stuck out a 50 or 60 mile an hour party bus into the underside of a highway overpass, don't need to tell you how that one ended.
Not even Advil would stop that headache, that's for sure....
Believe me, there wasn't a headache to stop in the first place, because it killed him.
 #1179995  by 25Hz

Mbta fan wrote:That's bad, did he even see the bridge?
Probably not. Visibility forward from the roof line of those buses is very poor especially when a road dips to go under a bridge.