• The Honorary Nonsense 7277 Sideswipe Where's Cruiser Thread

• Discussion related to New Jersey Transit rail and light rail operations.
Discussion related to New Jersey Transit rail and light rail operations.

Moderators: lensovet, Kaback9, nick11a

by Silverliner II

And Pan Cat? Largest hovercat fleet worldwide....
  by 25Hz

They just passed a bill to keep the small & medium towers open, which is very good news for small carriers here in the US.
  by NJT4115

There's an airline to Cincinnati that flies out of Morristown.
  by 25Hz

Frontier recently started flights out of trenton mercer. The first commercial carrier to do such in years. I really wish they would extend the wires a bit and put a station in for the airport. That would be amazing.
  by MBTA1016

Here's some good nonsense from up here in MA. Someone tried to surf a redline subway train by riding on the roof.
I'll get the link to the story shortly

Edit: here's the link to the story. http://boston.com/metrodesk/2013/04/29/ ... story.html
  by Don31

Mbta fan wrote:Here's some good nonsense from up here in MA. Someone tried to surf a redline subway train by riding on the roof.

Edit: here's the link to the story. http://boston.com/metrodesk/2013/04/29/ ... story.html
There's a really cool video on YouTube showing a guy, in Europe someplace, train surfing. Pretty intense.....
  by 25Hz

Don31 wrote:
Mbta fan wrote:Here's some good nonsense from up here in MA. Someone tried to surf a redline subway train by riding on the roof.

There's a really cool video on YouTube showing a guy, in Europe someplace, train surfing. Pretty intense.....
That was a man who had terminal cancer and made it a personal mission to ride on the back of the fastest ICE routes, and he used specialized equipment to do it safely.
  by Don31

25Hz wrote:
Don31 wrote:

That was a man who had terminal cancer and made it a personal mission to ride on the back of the fastest ICE routes, and he used specialized equipment to do it safely.
Not the one I saw. It was two college kids, with no equipment at all.
  by MBTA1016

We have had college kids up here in Boston riding on the couplers of a green line trolley before. I just never expected it to happen on a red line train.
  by ACeInTheHole

We had one kid down in this area, I believe from Queens or so, who thought it would be a good idea to open up the emergency hatch on a double decker party bus and stick his head into the breeze.. unfortunately, a highway overpass was waiting for him.. head stuck out a 50 or 60 mile an hour party bus into the underside of a highway overpass, don't need to tell you how that one ended.
  by Silverliner II

beanbag wrote:We had one kid down in this area, I believe from Queens or so, who thought it would be a good idea to open up the emergency hatch on a double decker party bus and stick his head into the breeze.. unfortunately, a highway overpass was waiting for him.. head stuck out a 50 or 60 mile an hour party bus into the underside of a highway overpass, don't need to tell you how that one ended.
Not even Advil would stop that headache, that's for sure....
  by ACeInTheHole

Silverliner II wrote:
beanbag wrote:We had one kid down in this area, I believe from Queens or so, who thought it would be a good idea to open up the emergency hatch on a double decker party bus and stick his head into the breeze.. unfortunately, a highway overpass was waiting for him.. head stuck out a 50 or 60 mile an hour party bus into the underside of a highway overpass, don't need to tell you how that one ended.
Not even Advil would stop that headache, that's for sure....
Believe me, there wasn't a headache to stop in the first place, because it killed him.
  by 25Hz

Mbta fan wrote:That's bad, did he even see the bridge?
Probably not. Visibility forward from the roof line of those buses is very poor especially when a road dips to go under a bridge.