• North Brunswick Station

• Discussion related to New Jersey Transit rail and light rail operations.
Discussion related to New Jersey Transit rail and light rail operations.

Moderators: lensovet, Kaback9, nick11a

by cruiser939

trollyFoamer wrote:cruiser939's wrong. I care about you and your political leanings. I don't reply much, and I don't always pay attention to the full userid, but it sure seems as if somebody whose userid begins with cruiser often makes statements about his own opinions and phrases them as if those are everybody's opinions.
Well I do like to think that my opinions are often in line with those of sane people, so I guess your disagreement could lie in that technicality. It is very nice to hear about how much you care for TREnecNYP, maybe you two should get together and foam a little?
  by cruiser939

morris&essex4ever wrote:
cruiser939 wrote:
TREnecNYP wrote:I've walked through new brunswick many, many times, as i said my girlfriend went to rutgers, as did my mom, and she goes there for meetings a few times a month relating to her work with non-profit agency, every once in a while i hop on at new brunswick because i'll go with her to talk about stuff since her job is extremely demanding of her time. I guess you never noticed the large vent and access cover on the grassy area behind the wall.
Why is it that you constantly feel the need to tell this forum that you have have a girlfriend? A search run with your username and the the keyword girlfriend returns 34 results (some of which I know are duplicates). I mean, it almost never adds any interest/validity to your stories so it just seems odd to me.
And you feel the need to look this stuff up?
Yes, because it struck me as peculiar. When something interest me, I tend to investigate it.
  by nomis

There are 34 references for TREnecNYP's alleged girlfriend on rr.net and only 9 alleged pictures of all 46A's combined on RRpicarchives (all of some car-shell marked as 4629 making a trip to Puelbo).

Conspiracy(ies), mayhaps. :-D
  by Patrick Boylan

But wouldn't those 34 references also include posts where TREnecNYP gave compliments to cruiser's girlfriend?
  by TREnecNYP

morris&essex4ever wrote:And you feel the need to look this stuff up?

I was thinking the same thing. I happen to love my girlfriend, and without her i'd neither have a railpass nor be riding the trains really at all. She also happens to use NJT to get to and from work, i often go with her to work, and to go and see her, or go to her place, or her come here, all using NJT and PATH, and once in a while SEPTA. Wonder why i talk about her, well if she wasn't in my life, i'd not be in NJ.

- A
  by TAMR213

TREnecNYP wrote: Wonder why i talk about her, well if she wasn't in my life, i'd not be in NJ.
And I think we'd all be better off. Honestly, who cares? Can we please get back on topic?

I really don't think North Brunswick is going about this in the right way. Currently, where is the incentive for NJT to try and build a new station at the site, and then also work out however it would affect Jersey Ave and all other problems that would arise? Certainly the current setup is not the most efficient, and a new station would certainly improve operations, local traffic, etc. But for NJT right now, why go out of their way to fix something that isn't (completely) broke?
  by Roadgeek Adam

TAMR213 wrote:
TREnecNYP wrote: Wonder why i talk about her, well if she wasn't in my life, i'd not be in NJ.
And I think we'd all be better off. Honestly, who cares? Can we please get back on topic?

I really don't think North Brunswick is going about this in the right way. Currently, where is the incentive for NJT to try and build a new station at the site, and then also work out however it would affect Jersey Ave and all other problems that would arise? Certainly the current setup is not the most efficient, and a new station would certainly improve operations, local traffic, etc. But for NJT right now, why go out of their way to fix something that isn't (completely) broke?
If there is anything, the new strip malls across the street are NOT doing well. One of the new ones, near the cinema, has 1 store open, a Moe's Southwestern Grill, and nothing else. I hate to say it, but a new transit village during this economy and such is NOT the prime time for opening it.
  by E-44

cruiser939 wrote:
E-44 wrote:Only agency not playing ball so far is NJT (at least not openly). Don't know if they've initiated talks with Amtrak yet about doing it. I hope North Brunswick is serious about making approval contingent upon actually getting permission and funding aid to build this station. Otherwise, it's just more car traffic on US1.
So now it's NJT responsibility to do North Brunswick's work for them? Let's get this straight again. Amtrak owns and dispatches the tracks. If a station gets built, it is because they approve of such a plan. North Brunswick should be petitioning them for the permission, not complaining that NJT isn't doing it.
Actually, I probably know that a little better than you do. I was part of the group that did the regional growth study back in 1984 and recommended relocation of Jersey Ave. farther (track) west to handle the explosive population growth in the area and went to Washington with a delegation from Middlesex County to discuss it with Senators Lautenberg, Bradley and Amtrak president Claytor and his staff. As was made clear then, Amtrak doesn't even listen unless NJDOT indicates support for the idea. My comment was based on the political shenanigans surrounding the MOM proposal and how South Brunswick's mayor led the opposition to it and boasted how buses would carry his "people" up a widened US1 to a new station in North Brunswick.
  by transit383

One thing I would really like to see with this project (if it should ever come to fruition) would be the three traffic signals eliminated at Adams Lane, Commerce Boulevard, and Aaron Road. Access roads could be built along Route 1 with grade separated interchanges to access the highway.
  by cruiser939

E-44 wrote:
cruiser939 wrote:
E-44 wrote:Only agency not playing ball so far is NJT (at least not openly). Don't know if they've initiated talks with Amtrak yet about doing it. I hope North Brunswick is serious about making approval contingent upon actually getting permission and funding aid to build this station. Otherwise, it's just more car traffic on US1.
So now it's NJT responsibility to do North Brunswick's work for them? Let's get this straight again. Amtrak owns and dispatches the tracks. If a station gets built, it is because they approve of such a plan. North Brunswick should be petitioning them for the permission, not complaining that NJT isn't doing it.
Actually, I probably know that a little better than you do. I was part of the group that did the regional growth study back in 1984 and recommended relocation of Jersey Ave. farther (track) west to handle the explosive population growth in the area and went to Washington with a delegation from Middlesex County to discuss it with Senators Lautenberg, Bradley and Amtrak president Claytor and his staff. As was made clear then, Amtrak doesn't even listen unless NJDOT indicates support for the idea. My comment was based on the political shenanigans surrounding the MOM proposal and how South Brunswick's mayor led the opposition to it and boasted how buses would carry his "people" up a widened US1 to a new station in North Brunswick.
Well I'm glad that you claim to recognize the hurdles involved, because your original post seemed to indicate that NJT is the party that is holding this up; which is not the case.
  by cruiser939

gardendance wrote:But wouldn't those 34 references also include posts where TREnecNYP gave compliments to cruiser's girlfriend?
They would if he indeed commented on my girlfriend; but since I don't feel that this railroad message board is the best place to post about my private life, I know that this isn't the case.
  by cruiser939

TREnecNYP wrote:
morris&essex4ever wrote:And you feel the need to look this stuff up?

I was thinking the same thing. I happen to love my girlfriend, and without her i'd neither have a railpass nor be riding the trains really at all. She also happens to use NJT to get to and from work, i often go with her to work, and to go and see her, or go to her place, or her come here, all using NJT and PATH, and once in a while SEPTA. Wonder why i talk about her, well if she wasn't in my life, i'd not be in NJ.
x35
  by Patrick Boylan

cruiser939 wrote: Well I'm glad that you claim to recognize the hurdles involved, because your original post seemed to indicate that NJT is the party that is holding this up; which is not the case.
Cruiser,
I don't think the post you partially quoted said NJT was the only party holding things up, but that it was the only agency. I think that the part you left out mentioned a couple of other parties, I think they were municipal governments, which can sometimes be different critters than appointed agencies.
  by cruiser939

gardendance wrote:
cruiser939 wrote: Well I'm glad that you claim to recognize the hurdles involved, because your original post seemed to indicate that NJT is the party that is holding this up; which is not the case.
Cruiser,
I don't think the post you partially quoted said NJT was the only party holding things up, but that it was the only agency. I think that the part you left out mentioned a couple of other parties, I think they were municipal governments, which can sometimes be different critters than appointed agencies.
The part I left out (because it had nothing to do with the part I quoted) identified other parties and how they had led to the ultimate failure of other projects, not the North Brunswick Transit Village.

If E-44 felt I was misquoting him, I hope he would have said so in his subsequent post.