• Comet 1 Set Back on the Rails...again...for now...!

• Discussion relating to Southeastern Pennsylvania Transportation Authority (Philadelphia Metro Area). Official web site can be found here: www.septa.com. Also including discussion related to the PATCO Speedline rapid transit operated by Delaware River Port Authority. Official web site can be found here: http://www.ridepatco.org/.
Discussion relating to Southeastern Pennsylvania Transportation Authority (Philadelphia Metro Area). Official web site can be found here: www.septa.com. Also including discussion related to the PATCO Speedline rapid transit operated by Delaware River Port Authority. Official web site can be found here: http://www.ridepatco.org/.

Moderator: AlexC

by Limited-Clear

They are ready to roll, they just need their call to duty, as it stands they also have a working engine with them (I don't know which one), last time they were called for service it was the engine that broke down not the comets, just be patient, no one knows what they will work although bets are the morning media run and/or the evening West Trenton run, and no one knows when, it's a waiting game for all of us.
  by SEPTA2461

Limited-Clear wrote:They are ready to roll, they just need their call to duty, as it stands they also have a working engine with them (I don't know which one), last time they were called for service it was the engine that broke down not the comets, just be patient, no one knows what they will work although bets are the morning media run and/or the evening West Trenton run, and no one knows when, it's a waiting game for all of us.
Yup, I can see them sizzling in their siding right now, ready to spring back into action, just like Leontyne Price, maybe a little aged, but plenty of fight left in them.
  by 25Hz

Wonder if they will hang around long enough to get moved by a transit spec ACS-64...?
  by Limited-Clear

Please excuse my ignorance, but what's a "transit spec ACS-64"?
  by nomis

SEPTA2461 wrote:
Limited-Clear wrote:Please excuse my ignorance, but what's a "transit spec ACS-64"?
Test engine, probably.
One that has a "Do not Exceed 1.21 Gigawatts" button for the Reading Side of the system
  by ekt8750

nomis wrote:
SEPTA2461 wrote:
Limited-Clear wrote:Please excuse my ignorance, but what's a "transit spec ACS-64"?
Test engine, probably.
One that has a "Do not Exceed 1.21 Gigawatts" button for the Reading Side of the system
LOL that's awesome. Just don't get struck by lighting!
  by Malvern Metroliner

Wonder if they will hang around long enough to get moved by a transit spec ACS-64...?
Possibly refering to the Siemen's ACS-64 (Amtrak Cities Sprinter).

I am not sure if SEPTA was planning on acquiring any of these, I know Amtrak is replacing a good amount of the AEM-7 fleet with them.
  by ekt8750

Malvern Metroliner wrote:
Possibly refering to the Siemen's ACS-64 (Amtrak Cities Sprinter).

I am not sure if SEPTA was planning on acquiring any of these, I know Amtrak is replacing a good amount of the AEM-7 fleet with them.
They are. Check "The Future of the SEPTA Fleet" thread.
  by SEPTA2461

2592 was seen next to the cannabalized ex-NJT 5118. I don't know why they'd be together, but I've got a sinking feeling about it might be the last we see of either cars.
  by 25Hz

With a nasty looking winter season, i'd say parking boardable cars not in service near an interlocking is prolly a smart idea? Jus a thought...
  by SEPTA2461

25Hz wrote:With a nasty looking winter season, i'd say parking boardable cars not in service near an interlocking is prolly a smart idea? Jus a thought...
That makes sense. Except it's going to be mostly rain. D;
  by 25Hz

SEPTA2461 wrote:
25Hz wrote:With a nasty looking winter season, i'd say parking boardable cars not in service near an interlocking is prolly a smart idea? Jus a thought...
This next storm is supposed to be snow and sleet with a sprinkle of rain. Just the kinda storm that jams switches & makes a general mess of things. :P
  by SEPTA2461

25Hz wrote:
SEPTA2461 wrote:
This next storm is supposed to be snow and sleet with a sprinkle of rain. Just the kinda storm that jams switches & makes a general mess of things. :P
Perhaps they needed to sacrifice that car to keep the others alive.