• Comet 1 Set Back on the Rails...again...for now...!

• Discussion relating to Southeastern Pennsylvania Transportation Authority (Philadelphia Metro Area). Official web site can be found here: www.septa.com. Also including discussion related to the PATCO Speedline rapid transit operated by Delaware River Port Authority. Official web site can be found here: http://www.ridepatco.org/.
Discussion relating to Southeastern Pennsylvania Transportation Authority (Philadelphia Metro Area). Official web site can be found here: www.septa.com. Also including discussion related to the PATCO Speedline rapid transit operated by Delaware River Port Authority. Official web site can be found here: http://www.ridepatco.org/.

Moderator: AlexC

by South Jersey Budd

Looks like they are replacing ties in Frazer Yard. The Comets may have been relocated to make room during the track work.
  by Limited-Clear

Such a shame, just when we thought the unreliable pieces of junk were finally gone, those things don't do Septa any favors, all they do is make people more upset with them because they breakdown so much
  by blockline4180

So then why is Septa holding on to them if they are junk??? Very odd!!
  by Limited-Clear

Because septa won't concede defeat, they paid for them they are determined to run them, that has been made painfully obvious, especially to those of us that commute the West Trenton line
  by Silverliner II

*whispers in a low, cold voice*

Nothing that parks in the west end of Overbrook yard.... ever leaves alive....
  by SEPTA2461

Silverliner II wrote:*whispers in a low, cold voice*

Nothing that parks in the west end of Overbrook yard.... ever leaves alive....
So they're in the scrap yards now?
  by BuddSilverliner269

60 Car wrote:Does that mean this thread will finally end?
/happy dance/
Oh dear god yes I hope so. I'm so sick of the 1 person crying and asking stupid questions about these things. As has been mentioned many times they were only a stop gap measure until the SLVs were all delivered since the order was behind schedule etc. They served there purpose and now it's time to move on.
  by ex Budd man

According to this morning's roster the Comets are at Overlook. Probably until the track work at Frazer is finished.
  by blockline4180

ex Budd man wrote:According to this morning's roster the Comets are at Overlook. Probably until the track work at Frazer is finished.
And what does that exactly mean??
  by scotty269

blockline4180 wrote:
ex Budd man wrote:According to this morning's roster the Comets are at Overlook. Probably until the track work at Frazer is finished.
And what does that exactly mean??
It means they are doing track work at/near/around Frazer, and they had to move the comets out of the way.
  by SEPTA2461

jackintosh11 wrote:What's the current status of these?
Last Monday, I saw them Overbrook Yard again. They're in pretty ugly shape: There's a big patch of rust on some of their roofs; and their paint seems to be wearing thin. They're not up for auction on SEPTA's Procurement page, and even I'm beginning to wonder now why they're still holding on to them.