• 2011 RBBB Circus Train Heading Into Area

• Pertaining to all railroading subjects, past and present, in New Jersey
Pertaining to all railroading subjects, past and present, in New Jersey

Moderator: David

by Rivetjoint

The RBBB Circus is presently in Philly, wrapping up this Sunday. Next stop is Newark 2/23-27, East Rutherford 3/2-13, then Uniondale, NY 3/16-20. Tour gets a bit interesting after that as they jump out to Ohio, Kentucky, and Virginia before swinging back to the Northeast with a RI date starting 4/28.
  by Angus202

How far in advance of opening night do they bring the train in?

Be great to catch them shoving out of croxton and up the pvl to the meadowlands
  by gravelyfan

Figure Monday 2/28 sometime after the AM peak period is over for the move from Croxton to the Meadowlands.
  by Steve F45

gravelyfan wrote:Figure Monday 2/28 sometime after the AM peak period is over for the move from Croxton to the Meadowlands.
finally i'll actually be off from work to catch this...hopefully.
  by waldwickrailfan

where do they park the train to unload the animals in Newark?

i am hoping to catch the train for the first time since '07.

And when should the train arrive in Newark?
  by jlc791

Does anyone know what route the train will take from Philly to Newark? I have a friend in RBBB who is on the train and can let me know when they start moving but probably won't be able to tell what tracks they're on.

I have the opportunity to watch them pass the Trenton area - I'm guessing either on the NEC or the old B&O line that Septa uses for the R3 - I just need to know which direction to head.

Thanks,
jlc
  by Rivetjoint

The plan is for CSX to handle the train on their Trenton Line. The info I've been able to track is they're scheduled to leave Philly at 6:00 AM, but may be as late as 07:00 AM. This is the first time I've had the day off when they make the "jump" and I'll be heading to West Trenton determined to finally see this train pass through the area. Circus Train radio activity is on 151.625 as well as the standard CSX road frequency, and the train may be identified by a code P900-21 series. Jlc, please give us all the head's up you can! Thx.
  by jlc791

Rivetjoint - If I get the text (and wake up :-), I'll post here before heading to West Trenton.
  by jlc791

I didn't get here to West Trenton until 7:30 but the SEPTA work crew that has both tracks blocked says they haven't seen anything.
  by chuchubob

Reported crossing the Delaware at 9:45 and through Pennington at 10:15.
  by OCtrainguy

I heard about the SEPTA delays on the West Trenton Line and thought that may slow up the train a bit. I saw it roll through South Plainfield at about eleven o'clock. Power was CSX 210 & CSX 76.
  by OCtrainguy

The circus gets ready to move from the Prudential Center over to the Izod Center. This will be an interesting move as it's a short one and would involve usage of the new passenger lines into the Meadowlands Complex. I'm not sure when the move from Oak Island to the Meadowlands would occur, by I guess on Monday at some point, perhaps in the morning. In previous years, the coaches were spotted at Croxton Yard before the remaining cars were moved onto New Jersey Transit.
  by gravelyfan

The circus train arrived at the Meadowlands station around 11:45 monday morning. Power was NS2763-NS8924.