• 2011 RBBB Circus Train Heading Into Area

• Pertaining to all railroading subjects, past and present, in New Jersey
Pertaining to all railroading subjects, past and present, in New Jersey

Moderator: David

by Steve F45

i watched them pull up the PVL and start there shove on the meadowlands spur from behind the Chili's on rt17. Then watched them on the viaduct from a parking lot entrance and then by hte station. Was pretty cool seeing the train coming down the line. Got some video, but its pretty boring.
  by Irishiron

And for something a little less boring the Red Unit hand-off from Conrail to Amcrash will be the 14th mid to late morning. But just to make it boring again it'll probably be a pair of doorstops (HHP8s).
  by Irishiron

Steve F45 wrote:where does the hand off take place?
To Amtrak? At Lane. Best chances would be North Elizabeth for the exchange, and EWR, Newark, Harrison, or Secaucus for a roll by. Best behavior for any site as always of course. It is a hell of a sight to be honest. To the LIRR? Usually just East of Hunterspoint Avenue (if I remember right...could be wrong about the LIRR handoff).
  by Irishiron

Steve F45 wrote:how far down will cr bring teh train down the nec? Would I catch anything from elizabeth parking garage?
They bring it down far enough to clear the west end of Lane. You would see nothing but a blurred light from Elizabeth. At North Elizabeth you would at least catch the west end of it with the freight power.
  by OCtrainguy

The circus train will be traveling from East Rutherford to Uniondale tomorrow. An educated guess would be that NS will have the train ready tomorrow morning for Amtrak to pick it up after the morning rush.
  by Irishiron

11:30 at Lane if all goes well.
  by OCtrainguy

Thanks for the info. Hopefully, I will be able to see the train today. Any updates on the train?
  by gravelyfan

OCtrainguy wrote:Thanks for the info. Hopefully, I will be able to see the train today. Any updates on the train?
The flat and stock cars came east over HX bridge around 5am this morning.

I believe (but can't confirm) that the train is still at Croxton.
  by gravelyfan

gravelyfan wrote:
OCtrainguy wrote:Thanks for the info. Hopefully, I will be able to see the train today. Any updates on the train?
The flat and stock cars came east over HX bridge around 5am this morning.

I believe (but can't confirm) that the train is still at Croxton.
10:10 Circus train (as NS HC-90) arriving Lane on the Conrail trackage to be inspected.
  by Irishiron

Handoff is done. HHP's are having a hard time making air. Should roll in a few mins.
  by OCtrainguy

I was in North Elizabeth this morning and saw the handoff from NS to Amtrak. NS HC90 with D9-40CWs 9927 & 9266 pulled the train out for Amtrak around 10:45 a.m. The Amtrak engines were HHP-8s 661 & 660 pulled up to and coupled. Amtrak pulled the train away about at around 12:10 p.m. Just wish it was a bit warmer and the sun was out, but you can't have have everything.