Discussion relating to the operations of MTA MetroNorth Railroad including west of Hudson operations and discussion of CtDOT sponsored rail operations such as Shore Line East and the Springfield to New Haven Hartford Line

Moderators: GirlOnTheTrain, nomis, FL9AC, Jeff Smith

by L'mont

The 106 came through Harrison with 8 M-2 or 4's dead in tow. Time, about 1200
  by FL9AC

That was the AMMO crew bringing cars from this morning's train with pantograph damage to Stamford for repair. They then tied onto the 129, and the 110 sitting in the yard and towed them out for Harmon.
  by AMK0123

105 was southbound with work train coming from the Beacon area last night 5/11. Was seen southbound around 10 p.m. going through Cold Spring.
  by District D RTC

since it was not posted here 750 is taped - 543 supposedly soon to follow, but still in use as of 5/13 on a work extra on Hudson dropping stone near 26.
  by FL9AC

Word has it, the 750 (ex-NYC T.T GP9) is being prepped for storage.
posted it the previous page :wink: .

Nothing posted yet about the 543 though...I don't know why they're storing work engines when they're already struggling to keep work trains running with toilet-equipped locomotives.
  by District D RTC

posted it the previous page.
Sorry - I wasn't trying to dump on or upstage your post, I was just trying to update your post - as it is now done - tagged and bagged.

The second BL14CG (402) is now on the property, but has the first one (401) even been accepted yet? I am told it has not.
  by DutchRailnut

Both BL14cg's have not even started testing yet, despite #401 having been on property since November 2008.
  by Steamboat Willie

Last Thursday the switcher on duty brought the 401 onto the fuel pad to be fueled at Harmon.
  by FL9AC

That's a good sign...that means testing should start very soon :wink: .
Sorry - I wasn't trying to dump on or upstage your post, I was just trying to update your post - as it is now done - tagged and bagged.
That's alright, I was just breaking stones :-D
  by Erie-Lackawanna

Actually, testing did already start. Unfortunately, a rather big problem was found very quickly, and the 401 has sat waiting for a resolution to that problem since then. I don't know what the time frame for resolution is.

Jim
  by MNR's #1 Conductor

Noel Weaver wrote:How about the present status of 543 and 750?
Thanks
Noel Weaver
They are all still well in service, be it yard service or even performing an occasional rescue. Here (link to my YouTube video) is the #750 I caught roaring thru New Rochelle after getting off work (working a relief day conductor job) at Stamford one night catching the 750 hauling some crapped out M-2s back to Stamford Yard.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mbWIENUx-wE
  by MNR's #1 Conductor

DutchRailnut wrote:Both BL14cg's have not even started testing yet, despite #401 having been on property since November 2008.
The 401 has been shutdown since. Just sits every so quiet outside Harmon Shop, moved around by the yard crews with one of the GP35s (101-106) or GP8 or GP9 (543, 750) every so often.
  by DutchRailnut

MNR's #1 Conductor
They are all still well in service, be it yard service or even performing an occasional rescue. Here (link to my YouTube video) is the #750 I caught roaring thru New Rochelle after getting off work (working a relief day conductor job) at Stamford one night catching the 750 hauling some crapped out M-2s back to Stamford Yard.

The 750 was to have been capped and retired as of last week, the 543 is next
Actually, testing did already start. Unfortunately, a rather big problem was found very quickly, and the 401 has sat waiting for a resolution to that problem since then. I don't know what the time frame for resolution is.

Jim
this would be a technical improbability as the 401 and 402 have not been cleared for MNCR use yet, as of now they are still not included in Timetable or General Orders and therefore can not be used.
Your probably confused by 404-405 but those are different engines.
  by Erie-Lackawanna

I'm not confused, I was at a meeting today where their status was discussed. It may have moved only 10 feet in Harmon Yard before the problem was discovered, but believe me, it moved, the problem was discovered, and further testing was placed on hold until the problem is fixed.

That it isn't in the timetable or in Bulletin Orders doesn't much matter. What I said here is what happened. Not everything gets done completely by the book.

Jim
  by RearOfSignal

They would have to test it before going into service in the ETT by B.O. anyway. The BL20's were moved around in Harmon before the B.O. for them to go into service came out.