Discussion relating to the operations of MTA MetroNorth Railroad including west of Hudson operations and discussion of CtDOT sponsored rail operations such as Shore Line East and the Springfield to New Haven Hartford Line

Moderators: GirlOnTheTrain, nomis, FL9AC, Jeff Smith

by ATK

750 had a grounded main generator back in 2006. The unit was out of service for a very long time, which was when it got "Harmonized". Although, to the best of my knowledge, it still has its EMD drum controller and 24 brakes. I suspect that Harmon has been anxious to see the 750 retired for some time now since it is the last unit equipped with 24 brakes. The last person I know of that knew anything about 24RL brakes retired from the training department 3 years ago!

Such a pity that Harmon butchered that locomotive. It was very much original prior to 2006.
  by Train2009

I saw GP35 #102 outside the Croton Shops on Monday while I was going on a class trip to Croton Point Park
from White Plains High School.
  by FL9AC

Is that FL9 2012 attached to it?
Correct! That and the 2008 are the only FL-9's left in Harmon.
  by Jayjay1213

Saw the 111 on a work train last night at CP-5..
  by RearOfSignal

At the Yonkers library, just saw the 103 going north on track 2 towing 4 pair M7's to Croton-Harmon.
  by FL9AC

At the Yonkers library, just saw the 103 going north on track 2 towing 4 pair M7's to Croton-Harmon.
looks like that was the AMMO. Today they picked up a maxi-bomb in Stamford with the same locomotive.
  by FL9AC

PMMO had the 103 this afternoon