Railroad Forums 

• Pullman Co Comet 1 cars.

• Discussion relating to Southeastern Pennsylvania Transportation Authority (Philadelphia Metro Area). Official web site can be found here: www.septa.com. Also including discussion related to the PATCO Speedline rapid transit operated by Delaware River Port Authority. Official web site can be found here: http://www.ridepatco.org/.
Discussion relating to Southeastern Pennsylvania Transportation Authority (Philadelphia Metro Area). Official web site can be found here: www.septa.com. Also including discussion related to the PATCO Speedline rapid transit operated by Delaware River Port Authority. Official web site can be found here: http://www.ridepatco.org/.

Moderator: AlexC

#852028  by Silverliner II

KAWASAKI-FAN100 wrote:A couple hours late on this.

Saw the comet 1 set leaving Fern Rock Station heading inbound at around 11:08 AM.
Twas a training train out for a Sunday stroll.....
 #852093  by Clearfield

Twas the twain on twack two?
 #853724  by kieran

My morning train, which is usually the Comets running express on the Media line, was replaced by a Bomber set this morning.

Just routine maintenance for the Comets or were they pulled for something else?
 #853727  by zebrasepta

kieran wrote:My morning train, which is usually the Comets running express on the Media line, was replaced by a Bomber set this morning.

i saw them at market east around 4:30-5:00 pm
it was a express to west trenton yesterday
 #853757  by Tritransit Area

I saw the Comet I train, being lead by 2304, on the West Trenton Line this morning heading to Center City. It was running as train 6325, on the Pennypack Limited. What a surprise to see on my train ride in the opposite direction.
 #854094  by Silverliner II

zebrasepta wrote:
kieran wrote:My morning train, which is usually the Comets running express on the Media line, was replaced by a Bomber set this morning.

i saw them at market east around 4:30-5:00 pm
it was a express to west trenton yesterday
I'm hearing some noises that a Bomber set woke up dead Thursday afternoon, so the Comet set subbed for 6378 Thursday afternoon, and then went down as 6325 Friday morning, then returned to the normal rotation Friday afternoon.

No clue why it still only has 6 cars; they do have 8 cars available....
 #854098  by Clearfield

South Jersey Budd wrote:Saw them backing into the yard at 30th street yesterday. Does anyone know why they are still only running with 6 cars? Thought they bought a few spares.
IIRC, the spares were for parts.
 #854124  by khecht

Right, but it had been running with 7. I assume one or both of the extras have some issue keeping them out of service.
 #854986  by Silverliner II

South Jersey Budd wrote:Saw them backing into the yard at 30th street yesterday. Does anyone know why they are still only running with 6 cars? Thought they bought a few spares.
They bought 9 cars total. Eight to allow for a 7-car train with one spare car (a coach or cab). The 9th car was the spare parts car (cab 5118).
 #857430  by R3 Passenger

2460 was sitting in Powelton this morning.
 #877345  by kieran

The Comets are still running on the Medial/Elwyn line and I sometimes catch the 7:59 express from Morton that the Comets run on.

Lately, the engine that's attached to this set has been having all kinds of problems. Wakes up dea, dies mid trip, etc..

Was 45 mins late a few weeks ago and today it lost power after leaving U. City. Was stuck right outside of 30th St. for about 10 mins.