• Pullman Co Comet 1 cars.

• Discussion relating to Southeastern Pennsylvania Transportation Authority (Philadelphia Metro Area). Official web site can be found here: www.septa.com. Also including discussion related to the PATCO Speedline rapid transit operated by Delaware River Port Authority. Official web site can be found here: http://www.ridepatco.org/.
Discussion relating to Southeastern Pennsylvania Transportation Authority (Philadelphia Metro Area). Official web site can be found here: www.septa.com. Also including discussion related to the PATCO Speedline rapid transit operated by Delaware River Port Authority. Official web site can be found here: http://www.ridepatco.org/.

Moderator: AlexC

by Silverliner II

transit383 wrote:The Comet I Set ran on 6325 this morning. 2460 was on the rear end with 2461 buried in the consist. Any idea why it spent the night in West Trenton?
Likely a Bomber set elsewhere may have woke up dead for the PM rush yesterday....
  by nomis

Silverliner II wrote:
transit383 wrote:The Comet I Set ran on 6325 this morning. 2460 was on the rear end with 2461 buried in the consist. Any idea why it spent the night in West Trenton?
Likely a Bomber set elsewhere may have woke up dead for the PM rush yesterday....
There was a bomber set in Powelton Yard last night around 9:15pm ... by the time i walked up 32nd st, it was moving towards 30th st. (I may have an engine number on camera, but my camera is not with me right now)
  by rslitman

They're not at West Trenton tonight - I saw the train deadheading back to town as it went through Rydal this evening.
  by BuddSilverliner269

I'm in west trenton now and watched 6374 come in and deadhead back and the other cab car 2461 is in the lead. Theres your heads up.
  by rslitman

BuddSilverliner269 wrote:I'm in west trenton now and watched 6374 come in and deadhead back and the other cab car 2461 is in the lead. Theres your heads up.
I happened to see that train unload at Bethayres tonight. What I never realized before is that, with seven passenger cars now on 6374 and probably also on 6378 and the morning expresses that use the Bombardier cars, the people using the doors at the rear of the front (quiet) car and the front of the second car have to get off using the wheelchair ramp.
  by R3 Passenger

BuddSilverliner269 wrote:I'm in west trenton now and watched 6374 come in and deadhead back and the other cab car 2461 is in the lead. Theres your heads up.
I rode in 2461 last night to Langhorne. That horn sounds worse than some of the dying goose S4 horns.
  by blockline4180

R3 Passenger wrote:
I rode in 2461 last night to Langhorne. That horn sounds worse than some of the dying goose S4 horns.

Then clean it out!! :P
  by Silverliner II

blockline4180 wrote:
R3 Passenger wrote:

Then clean it out!! :P
I present my video from Philmont today....The Voice of 2461....

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0I-eaXovJUk
  by blockline4180

Silverliner II wrote:
I present my video from Philmont today....The Voice of 2461....

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0I-eaXovJUk
Nice! Glad you got the unmistakable sounds of the Comet I! LOL
  by R3toNEC

The Comet set has been the P/P set assigned to train 5340 on the Elwyn line this week. With all the grade crossings on the line, it's a shame that we have that set over here because of it's horrible sounding horn!
  by Silverliner II

R3toNEC wrote:The Comet set has been the P/P set assigned to train 5340 on the Elwyn line this week. With all the grade crossings on the line, it's a shame that we have that set over here because of it's horrible sounding horn!
5340 is the normal assignment for the Comet set in the morning ever since it got banned from the Flyer. You may not have noticed the difference since 2460 had been leading the set up till this week and that car has a K5LA horn like the Bomber cabs and locomotives...
  by Matthew Mitchell

2461 still on the point of 5340, on time arrival this morning at Temple University.
  by Silverliner II

Looks like a Bomber set woke up dead again this afternoon. The Comet set was yarded at West Trenton Thursday night; so looks like it will be on 6325 Friday morning instead of its usual 5340....
  by Matthew Mitchell

The Comet set was in Roberts Yard this morning around 7:45, so I presume it either was in for scheduled maintenance or had some sort of mechanical problem.
  by blockline4180

Matthew Mitchell wrote:The Comet set was in Roberts Yard this morning around 7:45, so I presume it either was in for scheduled maintenance or had some sort of mechanical problem.

Keep us updated on its location tomorrow if you could..Thanks!