Railroad Forums 

• Pullman Co Comet 1 cars.

• Discussion relating to Southeastern Pennsylvania Transportation Authority (Philadelphia Metro Area). Official web site can be found here: www.septa.com. Also including discussion related to the PATCO Speedline rapid transit operated by Delaware River Port Authority. Official web site can be found here: http://www.ridepatco.org/.
Discussion relating to Southeastern Pennsylvania Transportation Authority (Philadelphia Metro Area). Official web site can be found here: www.septa.com. Also including discussion related to the PATCO Speedline rapid transit operated by Delaware River Port Authority. Official web site can be found here: http://www.ridepatco.org/.

Moderator: AlexC

#833973  by early80sNECguy

Set was missing today from its usual 8am inbound at Morton. This week it's been running with 2306, but today it was a 4-car IV set. I love hearing that cabcar blow for the crossing with the bell ringing............got to love the bell! :)
 #834028  by Matthew Mitchell

blockline4180 wrote:
Matthew Mitchell wrote:The Comet set was in Roberts Yard this morning around 7:45, so I presume it either was in for scheduled maintenance or had some sort of mechanical problem.
Keep us updated on its location tomorrow if you could. Thanks!
Forgot to look at Fern Rock, but there were no push-pulls I could see in Roberts as of 8:30. Usual lineup of trains waiting to cross over at Hunt and get into Roberts.
 #834030  by BuddSilverliner269

The set never left Roberts Yard yesterday morning due to a derailment. This is what happens when a train runs over a derail,but to be honest, I think the crew was just testing the effectiveness of the derail to see if it actually worked... :wink:
 #834073  by BuddSilverliner269

Matthew Mitchell wrote:The Comets derailing or something else derailed blocking the way out?
The comets derailed. If something was blocking its way out onto the Main line at Hunt, the train would just reverse through the yard and come out the north end thru Wayne interlocking.
 #834095  by Jtgshu

BuddSilverliner269 wrote:The set never left Roberts Yard yesterday morning due to a derailment. This is what happens when a train runs over a derail,but to be honest, I think the crew was just testing the effectiveness of the derail to see if it actually worked... :wink:
Oh, so the random periodic derailing device operational test was done yesterday AM? Glad to hear it went well :)

hahaha

"Derail is working as intended, over."
 #834192  by ex Budd man

Jtgshu wrote:
BuddSilverliner269 wrote:The set never left Roberts Yard yesterday morning due to a derailment. This is what happens when a train runs over a derail,but to be honest, I think the crew was just testing the effectiveness of the derail to see if it actually worked... :wink:
Oh, so the random periodic derailing device operational test was done yesterday AM? Glad to hear it went well :)

hahaha

"Derail is working as intended, over."
"Derails shall be periodically tested for effectiveness". I'm sure I read this somewhere, but it escapes me at the moment. :P
 #834326  by Silverliner II

The problem was the timing. The test was supposed to be in the evening.... :-D
 #839464  by Silverliner II

The Comet I set has been running a car short for the past week....
 #841031  by R3 Passenger

2460 is sitting in Powelton yard hooked up to 70. What is up with that?
 #844905  by Silverliner II

South Jersey Budd wrote:Comets still 6 cars and dead at Suburban with all the lights out about 515pm on 2 track.
Uh oh....AEM-7 troubles again, I bet....
 #849049  by Silverliner II

zebrasepta wrote:saw a set going as a express through temple university around 4:55-5:00 pm
it was a 6 car
Yep, that would be the Comets heading to West Trenton on 6374.....