• Pullman Co Comet 1 cars.

• Discussion relating to Southeastern Pennsylvania Transportation Authority (Philadelphia Metro Area). Official web site can be found here: www.septa.com. Also including discussion related to the PATCO Speedline rapid transit operated by Delaware River Port Authority. Official web site can be found here: http://www.ridepatco.org/.
Discussion relating to Southeastern Pennsylvania Transportation Authority (Philadelphia Metro Area). Official web site can be found here: www.septa.com. Also including discussion related to the PATCO Speedline rapid transit operated by Delaware River Port Authority. Official web site can be found here: http://www.ridepatco.org/.

Moderator: AlexC

by Jtgshu

I caught the Comets deadheading back to whereever they came from in West Trenton last night about 6pm or so. It was cool to finally see them.

They would look so much better if the numbers were put where the NJT numbers were........hahaha
  by BuddSilverliner269

Jtgshu wrote:I caught the Comets deadheading back to whereever they came from in West Trenton last night about 6pm or so. It was cool to finally see them.

They would look so much better if the numbers were put where the NJT numbers were........hahaha
And where were you at JT? I didnt think you knew where Septa land was?
  by Silverliner II

Jtgshu wrote:I caught the Comets deadheading back to whereever they came from in West Trenton last night about 6pm or so. It was cool to finally see them.

*GASP* I echo Budd's comment....LOL! I agree with you on the number placement!
  by blockline4180

Silverliner II wrote:

Ahem, they could also be a pile of scrap heap too!!! Keep that in mind! :P
  by Silverliner II

blockline4180 wrote:
Silverliner II wrote:

Ahem, they could also be a pile of scrap heap too!!! Keep that in mind! :P
That could possibly be not all that far off. I have a feeling that they will be withdrawn from service along with the Silverliner II's and III's after enough of the Silverliner V's are operating reliably. But that is just my thought, nothing written in stone.
  by Jtgshu

BuddSilverliner269 wrote:

And where were you at JT? I didnt think you knew where Septa land was?
I didn't, thats why I had to put a phone call into a certain someone who never answers his damn phone to get directions.........hahahahahha :)

but it was on the way from NJT land down south to NJT land up north - sort of like an oreo :wink:

Hopefully during sometime in the next 30 years, West Trenton WILL be NJT land!!!
  by BuddSilverliner269

JT, technically West Trenton IS NJT property. The station and parking lot is owned by NJT . That's why the station and lot looks the way it does. It's in orphan mode.
  by Jtgshu

BuddSilverliner269 wrote:JT, technically West Trenton IS NJT property. The station and parking lot is owned by NJT . That's why the station and lot looks the way it does. It's in orphan mode.
Oh thats right, i forgot about that.....I love the parking situation there, my favorite was the very nice Audi that was parked on the grass, and the only way I could tell he got up there was over the curb....thats MY kinda parking job! :)
  by dreese_us

Jtgshu wrote:
BuddSilverliner269 wrote:JT, technically West Trenton IS NJT property. The station and parking lot is owned by NJT . That's why the station and lot looks the way it does. It's in orphan mode.
Oh thats right, i forgot about that.....I love the parking situation there, my favorite was the very nice Audi that was parked on the grass, and the only way I could tell he got up there was over the curb....thats MY kinda parking job! :)
He won't have to worry about door dings parking that way!
  by R36 Combine Coach

Does SEPTA maintain the site or is NJT responsible?
  by BuddSilverliner269

R36 Combine Coach wrote:
Does SEPTA maintain the site or is NJT responsible?
Im sure you have been there, it doesnt look like anyone maintains it. Septa uses it, and NJT owns it but doesnt want to do anything since they dont use it. I have heard that this year, they are suppose to be redoing the parking lot and hopefully paving it.
  by transit383

Silverliner II wrote:
transit383 wrote:The Comet sets weren't completely back to normal this morning. 6321 ran with a S4-S4-S2-S4-S4 set and 6325 had 2302 leading and 2406 trailing (with a maintenance worker in the rear cab).
The Comets were on their normal AM assignment out of Elwyn Wednesday morning. It would have been a Bomber set that didn't make it up to West Trenton for 6321.
Right. Sorry, I forgot you guys don't refer to all the push pulls as Comets. My mistake!
  by rslitman

Could this be why, when I complained to SEPTA via the comment form on the web site several years ago that the West Trenton inbound (to Philadelphia) needed more than the single bench that's there, they wrote back saying something like, "There are no plans to add another bench there at this time"?

When a smoker is sitting on that one bench, it sure becomes apparent that at least one more bench is needed.

I'm tempted to find out how much a bench costs and donate one myself. Several local parks have increased their bench count by getting people to donate them in honor or memory of someone. West Trenton likely got hit the hardest in the 2007 fare increase; surely there ought to be enough money to spring for another bench there.
  by Silverliner II

Except for the SEPTA station sign out by the street....SEPTA gets to own that little piece of real estate, lol
  by transit383

The Comet I Set ran on 6325 this morning. 2460 was on the rear end with 2461 buried in the consist. Any idea why it spent the night in West Trenton?