• Integrated Signal Systems

• Discussion related to everything about model railroading, from layout design and planning, to reviews of related model tools and equipment. Discussion includes O, S, HO, N and Z, as well as narrow gauge topics. Also includes discussion of traditional "toy train" and "collector" topics such as Lionel, American Flyer, Marx, and others. Also includes discussion of outdoor garden railways and live steamers.
Discussion related to everything about model railroading, from layout design and planning, to reviews of related model tools and equipment. Discussion includes O, S, HO, N and Z, as well as narrow gauge topics. Also includes discussion of traditional "toy train" and "collector" topics such as Lionel, American Flyer, Marx, and others. Also includes discussion of outdoor garden railways and live steamers.

Moderators: 3rdrail, stilson4283, Otto Vondrak

by ANDY117

Glad you asked, when we expand, im making a diorama of this semaphor, and the Signal at 223. It's gonna have the parking lot, and the airport. It will also have the creek, and the creekbank. BUt it's gonna be shrunk down a bit, since that would be MASSIVE if it was scale.

by ANDY117

I mailed the money last Thursday, and he siad it should be here in a couple of weeks. NOw i just need a way to entertain myself hmm...

by ANDY117

IT should be here on Wednesday. Last time it was scanned was in Jacksonville on the 26th. :-)

by thrdkilr

Andy117
I'm curious, how are you going to set uo your airport to scale? Won't it take up a lot of room?
....Mac

by ANDY117

I said i wasn't. It's going to be shrunk down uber. like, mini. But it'll still be an accurate representation, with the Creek, road, and Airport.

by ANDY117

Just got a departure scan from E. Syracuse. I can't wait till tomorrow! Usually, im walking up the hill behind the UPS truck, so that'll be an interesting walk in! I have no where to post pics online, so can someone like scot, or somebody else host the pics i take of it, so you can alll see it?

by Otto Vondrak

Geez, we can't wait until you get your semaphore already.

-otto-

by ANDY117

It got it's departure scan from Vestal this morning, so it should be here any time now, as UPS comes in the afternoon.

by ANDY117

WHOPEE!!!!! it got here at 1740, the guy jus tbacked down the friveway, left it, and went. All i have to say is WOW! IM gonna take pics later, and uhh....then what?

by ANDY117

Anybody?

by Otto Vondrak

You tell us. Are you collecting artifacts, or are you actually building a layout based on the Erie main? What was the point of acquiring the semaphore model?

-otto-

by ANDY117

BUil,ding a layout based on the old Erie. With the current signals, but it may have to be put elsewhere to make the signals number correctly. It will be a staging yard under the new segment, with a single exit, which will be hidden behind the backdrop. It'll switch over to Single track, like at waverly, and it wil have the ability to switch back behind the backdrop also.
  by subman

I am fortunate to live only 2 miles from Tim here in Spring Hill Fl. & I can say that he is great to know. I purchased all my NCE equipment from him at a substantial discount as well as other DCC equipment at a good discount. He also did all my decoder installs and headlight modifications I have also purchased about $1200 worth of signalling equipment from him which includes 8 turnout modules, 8 signal control boards, 6 single headed PRR position light signals & 8 single headed PRR signals with a lower 3 light vertical head for the diverging route.The price also included the wiring layout and signal placement designs and numerous shop visits to lead me through the project. All I can say about the signals is WOW the black and grey top looks great & the heads look good One thing do not expect your order in a week or two if it is large & custom.He is real busy with all sorts of projects but for the money you can`t beat his work. You would have to see his work area (1/2 of a 2 car garage) and how cramped he is but he still puts out the product. He has always had the time to fix something I broke at no cost to me .NY loss is Floridas gain.