• Integrated Signal Systems

• Discussion related to everything about model railroading, from layout design and planning, to reviews of related model tools and equipment. Discussion includes O, S, HO, N and Z, as well as narrow gauge topics. Also includes discussion of traditional "toy train" and "collector" topics such as Lionel, American Flyer, Marx, and others. Also includes discussion of outdoor garden railways and live steamers.
Discussion related to everything about model railroading, from layout design and planning, to reviews of related model tools and equipment. Discussion includes O, S, HO, N and Z, as well as narrow gauge topics. Also includes discussion of traditional "toy train" and "collector" topics such as Lionel, American Flyer, Marx, and others. Also includes discussion of outdoor garden railways and live steamers.

Moderators: 3rdrail, stilson4283, Otto Vondrak

by stilson4283

CIOR,

I think I found the solution to your problem. The SRC8 looks like you can get turnout control, with push button/toggle switch option and LED output for your display. What is nice about this is you would not need any extra software or hardware to throw your switches thought a DS and you will still have the ability of throwing a switch anywhere with the DCC throttle. With the LED display you would be able to see if a switch was thrown and which direction. Also I would think you could hook this module up and set the addresses for switches that is at different places around the layout and leave the switch control wire on this module disconnected. Then when you press the pushbutton it would send a signal on the Loconet (digitrax) to the decoder on the other end of the layout to control the switch you want thrown. This way you could still have the ability to throw switches that are across the layout without the mess of wiring. Now for signaling you would still need some software to control the SE8C. But this will take care of a DS with the ability to throw switches.

This has diagrams of what I think you would want to do.

Now I have no experience with Team Digital people but Digitrax licenses the module.

I found this info off of a site that is linked off digitrax called Wiring for DCC.

Hope this helps.

Chris

by CIOR

Chris,
Thanks for the info. I will have to dig into it and see what I can do.

Matt

by Otto Vondrak

BTW- we get no commission from ISS or Digitrax for this. We are just very enthusiastic about their products!

-otto-

by ANDY117

Does ISS make their own signals, or modify signals made by NJ international, Tomar, etc.

by Mike Roque

ANDY117 wrote:Does ISS make their own signals, or modify signals made by NJ international, Tomar, etc.
I believe they build their own, but you may want to ask Tim at ISS.

by ANDY117

I tried to load the catalog, but got an error message saying the file was damaged, and could not be repaired. Anyone else had this problem?

by Mike Roque

ANDY117 wrote:I tried to load the catalog, but got an error message saying the file was damaged, and could not be repaired. Anyone else had this problem?
I just hit it and loaded the catalog without a problem:
http://www.integratedsignalsystems.com/ ... atalog.pdf

PS: I'm the webmaster for that site as well...

by ANDY117

It still won't work. But then again, my computer is "special" so it isn't that surprising.

by ANDY117

I've been in contact with Tim. He sent me a free catalog, since it STIL won't load, and he's custom painting a NJ International Semaphore into the old n umbering style for 224.2- Only 14 bucks away! he doesn't charge extra for the custom numbering. It's just the cost of the signal, +S&H.

by CIOR

I should be getting my first order here in the next couple weeks (hopefully sooner) Will post photos then.

by ANDY117

Has something happened? Ive been sending e-mails to him, but i haven't gotten responses. im ready to place my order, but have no idea what to do next.

by Mike Roque

He moved to Florida recently. Perhaps he's still dealing with the backlog...?

by ANDY117

nevermind, he got back to me this morning. Now, i just have to figure out total cost after shipping, and send him the money. Im not sure how long it'll take to get here. But i WILL send pics when i get it. Just not who to...any volunteers that can post it here?

by Otto Vondrak

What are you going to do with this semaphore after you get it?