• Integrated Signal Systems

• Discussion related to everything about model railroading, from layout design and planning, to reviews of related model tools and equipment. Discussion includes O, S, HO, N and Z, as well as narrow gauge topics. Also includes discussion of traditional "toy train" and "collector" topics such as Lionel, American Flyer, Marx, and others. Also includes discussion of outdoor garden railways and live steamers.
Discussion related to everything about model railroading, from layout design and planning, to reviews of related model tools and equipment. Discussion includes O, S, HO, N and Z, as well as narrow gauge topics. Also includes discussion of traditional "toy train" and "collector" topics such as Lionel, American Flyer, Marx, and others. Also includes discussion of outdoor garden railways and live steamers.

Moderators: 3rdrail, stilson4283, Otto Vondrak

by ANDY117

Anybody have any experience with them?

by Otto Vondrak

Nothing but the best! Excellent models, and excellent service. ISS equipped the R&IT with a complete GRS-style wayside signal system, and we couldn't be more pleased.

http://ritmrc.org/photos/2004february/m ... F00049.JPG

http://ritmrc.org/photos/2004february/m ... CF0034.JPG

http://www.integratedsignalsystems.com/

-otto-

by CIOR

I have discussed my order with him, plan on doing it here really soon.
(the CIOR needs a few custom signals at certain locations) and ISS are the best.

Note: Tim has moved it from NY state to Florida.

by CRail

ISS looks awesome but what is the $$ damage?

also, what would a turnout module do?

by stilson4283

Note: Tim has moved it from NY state to Florida.
And how much NY misses him. :( It was great when you could just go down the street to see him for all of you signaling needs.

But I would agree if you are looking for a great quality signal from a great company ISS is the way to go. Even though the pictures Otto put up were not the best they look and operate great.

(OK Tim so what type of discount do we get for that) :wink:

Chris

by CRail

does anyone else have photos of these in operation?

by keeper1616

Here is a picture of the signals in use.

by CRail

looks like the block occupancy feature wasnt working

anyone know about cost though?

by ANDY117

So where can i order these from? Im glad to hear they're good quality.

by Otto Vondrak

That photo above that Cyrus posted (thank you!) is an eastbound CSX extra emerging from the tunnel under Rochester at CP 369 on the R&IT... the signals look great and operate flawlessly, and are completely integrated with our Digitrax DCC and our Railroad & Co. desktop dispatching software.

The signals are available direct from ISS. He designs whole systems for an entire railroad (imaging GRS or Alstom coming in and doing an evaluation for your signal needs). Tim took a sample of our track plan, looked at our operations, and figured out what we needed from there. Signals follow NYC/Conrail practice and are nice models of GRS-style searchlite signals. Tim even kitbashed a few custom signal bridges for us using the Model Memories NYC signal bridge kit. He'll price you out based on how much equipment you need and the size of your system. Warning: may be out of range for the average high schooler's budget. Individual models are available- all his pricing info is available direct. Download his catalog from his web site...

http://www.integratedsignalsystems.com/

-otto-
Last edited by Otto Vondrak on Wed Feb 09, 2005 7:50 pm, edited 1 time in total.

by ANDY117

Hey, we could win the NY lotto! (like thats ever gonna happen!) Anyway, these are the same signals used on the Erie main through here? Now i know what our signal system is gonna be! But how much is the Catalog?

by stilson4283

Free download off of the website.

Chris

by CRail

pricing isnt too bad... for a standard table layout i should figure the cost should be under $250 granted you do the designing yourself.

I am considering getting a few signals for a 4x8 HO layout, it would only be a few signals so it would be relatively inexpensive going by the catalog :-D

by CIOR

average cost per signal on my layout.....$50.00 or so.
Total cost overall (don't want to think about it right now...LMAO)

Your signals are custom built to fit the need. Each signal will have its own cost, depending on number of heads, lamps and whether or not its assembled or kit.

Eventually I am going to use the ISS and Tomar signals with the C/MRI system by Bruce Chubb. Should be interesting once its done.

by Mike Roque

CRail wrote:looks like the block occupancy feature wasnt working

anyone know about cost though?
Actually, the reason you're seeing a clear signal is because the block boundary is just inside the tunnel, but the signals had to be placed where they are for visibility. I assure you...our Digitrax block detectors work great!