• Breaking News and Accident/Delays

• Discussion relating to commuter rail, light rail, and subway operations of the MBTA.
Discussion relating to commuter rail, light rail, and subway operations of the MBTA.

Moderators: sery2831, CRail

by mb41

I see the accident on the Red Line was caused by a 20 year old walking in the tunnel, how stupid...

by Ron Newman

Fencing off the Fitchburg Line is impossible since there are grade crossings at Park Street in Somerville, Sherman Street in West Cambridge, Brighton Street in Belmont, and Moody Street in Waltham.
  by mb41

What the heck was up with the T yesterday, darn!

I heard flooding caused havoc on the Orange Line.

I take 36, Orange, Green Line bus, 69 every day each way... yesterday I had to take 69, green shuttle, green line, 39 bus, 36 bus. Oh man that stunk. The Green turned at Brigham Circle, so that stunk also. I refuse to ride another shuttle bus (Orange) after always having to ride the Green Shuttle bus.
  by octr202

mb41 wrote:What the heck was up with the T yesterday, darn!

I heard flooding caused havoc on the Orange Line.

I take 36, Orange, Green Line bus, 69 every day each way... yesterday I had to take 69, green shuttle, green line, 39 bus, 36 bus. Oh man that stunk. The Green turned at Brigham Circle, so that stunk also. I refuse to ride another shuttle bus (Orange) after always having to ride the Green Shuttle bus.
And, at points in the afternoon, the Riverside Line was "sandbagged" at Fenway, and the Fitchburg Line was out between Porter and the city due to flooding in Somerville.

And (what a week), from mid-morning until just recently (about 1:30) today the Green Line was listed as being bused from Park to Kenmore due to "operational difficulties." I'd say losing that part of the Green Line is quite a difficulty.

by octr202

Webmaster Mike has found the answer for today:

http://www.railroad.net/forums/viewtopic.php?t=15335

by Robert Paniagua

Yeah I saw that article as well, didn't know of that collision yesterday, not too good a day for the T....

by Ron Newman

Colliision was this morning, not yesterday

by Robert Paniagua

Ok, thank you, I got a bit confused

by octr202

Still feels wierd to say this, but on a day like this, thank God this was only an accident. No doubt there must have been a lot of nervousness as fire dep.t and EMS converged on a subway station at the end of the morning commute.

by NealG

Does anyone know what has been going on with the Orange Line for the past two days? I've borded after a 10 minute wait on the platform at Roxbury Crossing only to be told that the train is being held for a "schedule adjustment". Yesterday it was held for 18 minutes and today 12.

by mb41

what time do you ride? I have yet to have an issue in the AM with an orange line train. I ride between 6:45am and 7:15am. Maybe after 8pm is when it sucks out, LOL.

by NealG

It was at about 8:30. I got to the platform at 8:35 and arrived at State at 9:15.

by octr202

They've been intermittantly reporting delays due to electrical problems at North Station and Sullivan Sq. since Wednesday. Apparently some electrical equipment flooded at North Station during the rains.

At least we've got another huge system approaching for today!
  by Plaidline

On Wednesday afternoon I was waiting for the Orange Line at North Station to go to Mass Ave and the "loud"speaker was muttering something about changes in service. After about 5 Green Line trains and no Orange ones, I just jumped on a trolley and went to Hynes and walked.