• Breaking News and Accident/Delays

• Discussion relating to commuter rail, light rail, and subway operations of the MBTA.
Discussion relating to commuter rail, light rail, and subway operations of the MBTA.

Moderators: sery2831, CRail

by Ron Newman

Just posted on Boston.com:

Youth shot, killed on MBTA bus
A 16-year-old boy who was shot this afternoon on an MBTA bus in Dorchester is now reported to have died, according to broadcast reports.

The shooting occurred at the corner of Geneva Avenue and Columbia Road on the Route 19 bus, which runs from Fields Corner to Kenmore Square.

One person has reportedly been arrested and another is being sought in connection with the shooting. Reports from the scene indicate that a man boarded the bus when it stopped at the intersection, shot the youth, and then fled.

by Robert Paniagua

Actually, that's more appropiate of being on this news thread, since it doesnt involve direct bus operations ans equipment.

by MBTA F40PH-2C 1050

this was on the T's site:

#

Commuter:

South Shore Delays:

Please anticipate up to 30 - 40 minute delays in-and-out of South Station due to an earlier disabled train and equipment shortages. We apologize for the inconvenience.

North Shore Delays:

Rockport/Newburyport Line:

# Outbound Rockport train #129 (5:00 PM) is disabled and is now 50 minutes late.
# Train #129 is being pushed by outbound train #131 (5:25 PM), also running 30 minutes late.
# Outbound Newburyport train #181 (5:10 PM) is running 25 minutes late.
# Inbound Salem train #94 (6:45 PM) will be 20 minutes late.
# Outbound Salem train #95 (7:31 PM) will also be 20 minutes late.

All other North Shore Commuter Rail service is on or near schedule.
  by typesix

Beacon Junction blocked on both sides from about 10am to 2pm. Didn't hear car numbers. C and D passengers using buses from Kenmore to St. Marys and Fenway.

by StevieC48

6:45am 5/5/05 Train from Walpole struck and killed a a passenger on the platform bussing under way.

by F-line to Dudley via Park

http://www.boston.com/news/local/massac ... in_milton/

Man struck and killed at Valley Road early Mon. morning by the last train of the night out of Mattapan. He was lying in the middle of the tracks for some reason.

by Robert Paniagua

I heard about that guy, and I still certainly don't understand what he was doing there in the first place.....

Not too smart being in them tracks, even though they have collected rust and some weeds have grown around them.

by CRail

hey i have an idea, how about we all find tracks that might be abandoned and lay on them and see what happens!

I call stuff like this; Population Control, it may be better that this guys genes dont get passed on.

by efin98

I wouldn't insult the guy yet, he may have had a medical condition that caused him to pass out on the tracks while waiting for the train or walking across the tracks to get the train. Wait before you pass judgement on the man, there's simply not enough information out there yet.

by CRail

from what Mr. Paniagua wrote it doesn't sound like he was at a station, so he shouldnt have been there so i'll pass my judgement.

If he was at a station, however, then i will retract my statements upon the release of this information. :-)
  by octr202

mbta.com reporting busing on the C Line from Kenmore to Cleveland Circle this morning due to "operational difficulties." Almost expect to see the D Line shutting down soon, as the rain picks up.

Nothing in the subway about it though. Just got off a C train from North Station to Park and there were no announcements in the stations at 9:15. Operator also announced the train as a Cleveland Circle train.

by CRail

Fitchburg line outbound delayed 30 mins for "signal problems." any info on what is really happening?

by NealG

The Orange Line was all messed up this morning too. It took over 20 minutes to get from Roxbury Xing to State, stop and go along a lot of the route. Others in my office who were in much earlier said it was just as bad when they came in.

by efin98

Manhole explosion near Central Square in Cambridge causing Red Line delays...

by Ron Newman

The Central Square problem seemed to be over by 10 pm when I passed through it on the Red Line.