• Thread For Posting Heritage Unit Locations

• Discussion related to Amtrak also known as the National Railroad Passenger Corp.
Discussion related to Amtrak also known as the National Railroad Passenger Corp.

Moderators: GirlOnTheTrain, mtuandrew, Tadman

by daylight4449

Kaback9 wrote:
BuddSilverliner269 wrote:P42 #145 is currently sitting outside of the Wilmington shops. I'd wager a bet that this willbe the unit on display in wilmington for the celebration.
I'd say you are 99.9% correct there!
National Train Day? Last i checked, that's in two months. Is there some other celebration soon?
  by chuchubob

daylight4449 wrote:
Kaback9 wrote:
BuddSilverliner269 wrote:P42 #145 is currently sitting outside of the Wilmington shops. I'd wager a bet that this willbe the unit on display in wilmington for the celebration.
I'd say you are 99.9% correct there!
National Train Day? Last i checked, that's in two months. Is there some other celebration soon?
Dedication of the rebuilt Frank Furness-designed Joe Biden Wilmington station Saturday March 19, noon to 3 PM.
  by DutchRailnut

today P42 #156 in modified phase1 ran on hoosier state out of Beech grove
  by MEC407

There's a reason why they didn't keep Phase I for very long. :wink:

Still, it's cool to see Amtrak acknowledging the company's heritage in such a big, visible way.

156 in action: http://www.rrpicturearchives.net/showPi ... id=2443976
  by 161pw165

lirr415 wrote:P42+Phase 1= Weird.
Ditto..........
  by daylight4449

lirr415 wrote:P42+Phase 1= Weird.
P E R F E C T I O N !
I've been waiting to see this. I would have thought the red would have ended right near the window line, if not cover the whole nose.
  by daylight4449

all we have to wait for is the phase II now. all that needs to be done for the phase IV is do some touch up and add the memorial lettering.
  by StevieC48

I will say they do look much better with color on them besides blue and silver,they realy stand out
  by nomis

From Facebook http://www.facebook.com/Amtrak
Amtrak locomotive 156, a P42 locomotive with an adaptation of the first Amtrak paint scheme from 1972, has been released from our Beech Grove, Ind., facility. It will lead Train 30, the Capitol Limited, leaving this evening from Chicago en route to Washington. Coincidentally, tonight’s Train 30 will also include Amtrak business car ...10001, the “Beech Grove.”
  by MEC407

by eagle628

The front end of 156 looks like something McGinnis would have dreamed up for the New Haven.