• Thread For Posting Heritage Unit Locations

• Discussion related to Amtrak also known as the National Railroad Passenger Corp.
Discussion related to Amtrak also known as the National Railroad Passenger Corp.

Moderators: GirlOnTheTrain, mtuandrew, Tadman

by ARBKAL

So both 822 and 145 are phase III. I thought they were only doing one of each phase...??
  by DutchRailnut

822 and 406 are for the exhibition train
135 is general pool next engine is 66, I believe in Phase 1
  by hi55us

I saw one of the repaints (125?) this morning in Ivy City
  by MEC407

hi55us wrote:I saw one of the repaints (125?) this morning in Ivy City
That would be 145.
  by eagle628

MEC407 wrote:
That would be 145.
Which was on the regional to Lynchburg later that day. http://www.railpictures.net/viewphoto.p ... 721&nseq=1
  by hi55us

eagle628 wrote:
MEC407 wrote:
That would be 145.
Which was on the regional to Lynchburg later that day. http://www.railpictures.net/viewphoto.p ... 721&nseq=1
nice, it looks good when they run only one unit vs. mu with another loco.
  by daylight4449

wigwagfan wrote:
lirr415 wrote:
Amtrak7 wrote:And according to the same person I referred to above, the train will be made mainly of converted baggage cars. Is Amtrak that short on equipment?
Its cheaper to put together a couple unused baggage cars full of desplays rather than take cars that could make revenue.
And would said baggage equipment be the former Artrain consist, later used by Disney for the "A Christmas Carol" special (which was hauled by Amtrak)?

Speaking of F40s (yeah, yeah, I know)...there is ONE F40PH that was purchased and is in Portland right now that I'm sure its owner would love to lend to Amtrak and have it restored...of course...that means getting rid of the red and orange paint it is sporting right now. And said owner also has connections to one SDP40F. But such is purely fantasy and not even worthy of rumormongering.
True, but said PREVIOUS owner of the SDP40F made some "modifications" to that old warhorse.
  by Gilbert B Norman

Here are photos of F-40PHR #231 noted by Mr. Halstead that is now in a "Daylight" livery:

http://www.altamontpress.com/discussion ... #msg-42689

It appears this locomotive was acquired by a private individual who subsequently donated it to a charitable (IRC Sec 170) "Friends of--' organization.

The designation PHR identifies an F-40 on which some parts were salvaged from retired SDP-40F's; also of interest Paul H Reistrup was President (CEO) of Amtrak when this rebuild program (enabling both parties to "save face' from the SDP-40F fiasco) was initiated. At the time, there was some 'fanese" referring to these locomotives as "Paul Reistrups".
  by ExCon90

It's been announced that one of them (don't know which) will be on display at Wilmington on Sat. March 19 from noon to 3 p.m.
  by strench707

If you have any more info, I'd love to know! I could potentially make it up that way this Saturday!

Davis
  by daylight4449

Gilbert B Norman wrote:Here are photos of F-40PHR #231 noted by Mr. Halstead that is now in a "Daylight" livery:

http://www.altamontpress.com/discussion ... #msg-42689

It appears this locomotive was acquired by a private individual who subsequently donated it to a charitable (IRC Sec 170) "Friends of--' organization.

The designation PHR identifies an F-40 on which some parts were salvaged from retired SDP-40F's; also of interest Paul H Reistrup was President (CEO) of Amtrak when this rebuild program (enabling both parties to "save face' from the SDP-40F fiasco) was initiated. At the time, there was some 'fanese" referring to these locomotives as "Paul Reistrups".
Yah, but what i was trying to say is that the surviving SDP40F was modified for better freight opperation. Wouldn't really look like it did. Either way, it would be nice to see it on the east coast. Makes less of a drive for me ;)
  by DutchRailnut

Mr Norman is not addressing your SDP40F obsesion, he was adressing a working F40.
But both discussions are pure fantasy as Amtrak has already decided to only do #406 as a HEP unit for exhibition train.
  by BuddSilverliner269

P42 #145 is currently sitting outside of the Wilmington shops. I'd wager a bet that this willbe the unit on display in wilmington for the celebration.
  by Kaback9

BuddSilverliner269 wrote:P42 #145 is currently sitting outside of the Wilmington shops. I'd wager a bet that this willbe the unit on display in wilmington for the celebration.
I'd say you are 99.9% correct there!