• Proposition two Transportation Bond Act

• Discussion of the past and present operations of the Long Island Rail Road.
Discussion of the past and present operations of the Long Island Rail Road.

Moderator: Liquidcamphor

by Long Island 7285

Im with you on that Clem
say "NO"

As I posted before, let the Govt. prove they can be responsible and build it all first get it running flawlessly then ill concider pressing "Yes"

by 4 Express

Looks like it's passing so far.

by ConductorXX

I agree with you point, I made overtime too by working my days off, and doing what I was told. Thats legal. What I was talking about was the corruption in NY at night.. you KNOW what I am talking about, and know who is involved. Its not right and you know it.All a moot point however..the bond issue passed, and no one will ever step up to do anything in NY anyway. Its been going on for years

by RetiredLIRRConductor

I agree with the above comments. A lot of things going on that should not be going on. It seems that some people are answerable to no one. By the way the bond issue passed

by Clem

Wow -- only 167,000 people even placed a vote one way or another on this proposition. That would mean it was approved by perhaps 1/40 th of the State? Am I right about that?

Lets hope for the best now and demand quality and accountability. The new construction will be lots of fun till they run out of money.

Also learn to like the taste of cat food or plan to retire out of New York State.

Sour Grapes Clemuel

by point88

Lets add some more flag jobs now.

by jayrmli

It will be interesting to see what services will be cut (transportation and otherwise) to pay for all this. With the tax rates what they are already here, they can't go up much more.

Jay

by Sir Ray

Clem wrote:Wow -- only 167,000 people even placed a vote one way or another on this proposition. That would mean it was approved by perhaps 1/40 th of the State? Am I right about that?
No.
According to the NBC voting results website:
1,092,897 Yes votes
886,867 No votes
for 1,979,764 votes total (w/ a 98% tally - the final results should be a bit higher). I think the NY Registed voter count is 14M, so going with that number there was ~ 14% turnout for this issue.
  by Head-end View

Okay now, does anyone want to bet whether the Second Ave. subway gets built this time? :wink:

by Long Island 7285

forget the 2nd ave line.

lets see ESA witch was i beleive started before i was even a sperm flake become a reality in the fastest and cheepest mannor.

then we'll talk 2nd ave line.

by jayrmli

Let's see how much of the money goes to some kind of "study" as opposed to how many projects get completed.

The only ones that should be giving each other a high-five on this one are the consultants.

Jay

by badneighbor

i should be one of the consultants. If I was, I could fund the saving of signal towers in the other thread.
  by freightguy

All those coments are right on the money about the 3 billion dollar bond floated. Money doesn't grow on trees it will be coming out of our pockets! I think a good chunk of it will be spent on environmental impact statements and consultants. Everybody should be a consultant :-D

by jayrmli

Maybe they'll use a couple million to have another study done on the Pilgrim Intermodal Facility. There's already been several separate studies and not one shovelful of dirt moved.

By doing this, it makes everyone believe that rail freight in the region is supported and we're going to get all those trucks off the road.

At least all the sheep that voted for Prop 2 will feel good about it.

Jay

by NIMBYkiller

Joe, go ride the Lex a few times and then come back here and say forget SAS. SAS is THE top priority HANDS DOWN! I don't care what anyone says. The crowding on the Lex has far surpassed the point where it is a safety hazard. And once ESA is done, there will be even MORE people cramming onto the Lex.

Forget SAS....yeah...ok Joe.