• Pre-Inaugural Philly-Wilmington-DC Victory Movement

• Discussion related to Amtrak also known as the National Railroad Passenger Corp.
Discussion related to Amtrak also known as the National Railroad Passenger Corp.

Moderators: GirlOnTheTrain, mtuandrew, Tadman

by chuchubob

BuddSilverliner269 wrote:
chuchubob wrote:A track inspection train, with Corridor Clipper, preceeded the Obama Special, seen passing the Schuylkill River.
Amtrak 44 and 120; Georgia 300 trailing
Georgia 300
Georgia 300
Well everyone, I have to eat my words that I posted earlier in the week. I originally didnt want to be bothered because I was worried about excessive security. I went to the Folcroft Station and took some video. I must say that although it was cold, it was great to see the trains and see history pass me as well.There were quite a few police officers around but they were really cool. They set up some boundaries and everyone obeyed them and the cops even joked with all of us.
Bob, I take it that you didnt catch the train that followed shortly behind the Obama train with the Beech Grove on the rear?
Correct, John. I was chilly. I wish I had known.
Bob
  by BuddSilverliner269

chuchubob wrote:
BuddSilverliner269 wrote:
chuchubob wrote:A track inspection train, with Corridor Clipper, preceeded the Obama Special, seen passing the Schuylkill River.
Amtrak 44 and 120; Georgia 300 trailing
Georgia 300
Georgia 300
Well everyone, I have to eat my words that I posted earlier in the week. I originally didnt want to be bothered because I was worried about excessive security. I went to the Folcroft Station and took some video. I must say that although it was cold, it was great to see the trains and see history pass me as well.There were quite a few police officers around but they were really cool. They set up some boundaries and everyone obeyed them and the cops even joked with all of us.
Bob, I take it that you didnt catch the train that followed shortly behind the Obama train with the Beech Grove on the rear?
Correct, John. I was chilly. I wish I had known.
Bob
Yeah extremly cold but I knew another train was due because the police at Folcroft Station wasnt leaving so we stuck around and about 10 minutes later came the Beech Grove. I took video which Im currently uploading on youtube with my HD camera but I didnt have a tripod. I figured the cops would frown upon it. Still was exciting to see history.
  by Alcochaser

Alcochaser wrote:The pilot train with the corridor clipper has some sort of Heritage car in Amtrak paint just buzzed the Edgewood station on the CNN camera? What is that car......
Tell me that wasn't an old heritage dorm converted from a 10-6 sleeper.
  by Gilbert B Norman

The Edgewood "rollby"was at 256P ET

Pilot train which passed Edgewood 235P was 2 P-42's, a Heritage 10-6, and an A-I. While I was not aware that the A-I was Corridor Clipper, I'll defer to Mr. Vogel on that point. After all, he's "on the ground" I'm just in front of my flat screen watching MSNBC.
  by jonmurr

Interesting consist. A-I's and 4 Cafe cars. Reporters hungry?(mmmm, nuked Nathan's hot dogs!) Maybe needed the table space?
  by GWoodle

CNN & other news sources have some pictures & video of Obama's train.

I haven't been able to identify the old obs car yet.
  by Kaback9

Boy was it cold out there! But it was worth it.

I loved the "inspection train" they figured they(Amtrak) could lose a heritage dorm and the corridor clipper if something bad had happened. I think the Heritage car yes, not to sure about the clipper though.

Will post pics when uploaded!
  by Alcochaser

Hey I just figured something out

44 is for the 44Th President.. (we knew that)
120 is stated below.... Inauguration date

Kudos to AMTRAK!
  by BuddSilverliner269

sccaflagger74 wrote:My wife, kids, and myself saw the train pass by Curtis Park. Small crowd about 50 people at the station. Interestingly, the 2 car train Bob posted a bit earlier did not pass by Curtis Park, only a few miles from Bob's location in West Philly. We did not stick around to see the following train due to the cold.

http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3405/320 ... 3346c1.jpg.
Actually the train did pass by curtis park, because it passed us at Folcroft Station which is just 2 stations south of where you were. This train wasnt immediately in front of the Obama train and I think that it was around the 10-1030 time frame when it came thru....You might not have been at the station yet