• Pre-Inaugural Philly-Wilmington-DC Victory Movement

• Discussion related to Amtrak also known as the National Railroad Passenger Corp.
Discussion related to Amtrak also known as the National Railroad Passenger Corp.

Moderators: GirlOnTheTrain, mtuandrew, Tadman

by westernfalls

DutchRailnut wrote:according to this article Georgia 300 is built in 1949 for Southern Rail road
http://www.baltimoresun....
The listing for Georgia 300 in AAPRCO's Private Car Charter Guide says:
History: Pullman-built in 1930 as 10-section lounge General Polk. Converted to busness car 300 by Georgia RR in 1954. Retired 1982. Purchased by present owner and fully upraded 1986, 1989, 1995, and again in 2000. First Coast Rail, Inc., Fernandina Beach, Fl.
  by DutchRailnut

after reading again I stand corrected.
  by Alcochaser

vingong wrote:P42s 44 and 120. How symbolic the lead is 44!
I would not put it past someone in Amtrak to track down that unit and have it for the train
  by ExtonFlyer

Alcochaser wrote:
vingong wrote:P42s 44 and 120. How symbolic the lead is 44!
I would not put it past someone in Amtrak to track down that unit and have it for the train
Wow...If that is the case, then MAJOR kudos to the folks responsible. Very cool. Wonder if the media will pick up on it...
  by John_Perkowski

Well, instead of the platform being decorated with a step box and a friendly, courteous Porter, it's an attentive Secret Service agent...
  by ExtonFlyer

Alcochaser wrote:Well he should be on his way towards Baltimore
Still at Wilmington. CNN.com has a great close up video of the back of Georgia 300 (and the secret service agent manning his post). Obama and Biden have not yet boarded. Hope they keep this feed until the charter departs!
Last edited by ExtonFlyer on Sat Jan 17, 2009 1:24 pm, edited 1 time in total.
  by John_Perkowski

Moderator's Note:

It's not a POTUS movement, it's not a PEOTUS movement. It's a charter movement by/on Amtrak.
  by Alcochaser

ExtonFlyer wrote:
Alcochaser wrote:Well he should be on his way towards Baltimore
Still at Wilmington. CNN.com has a great close up video of the back of Georgia 300 (and the secret service agent manning his post). Obama and Biden have not yet boarded. Hope they keep this feed until the charter departs!
Yes I see this now..... LOTS of nervous people in fine clothes.
  by cobra30689

Gilbert B Norman wrote:I've now "heard it all' from an MSNBC commentator:

"The CABOSSE on the rear of the train".

They just did it again...LOL
  by DutchRailnut

Wolf Blitzer(CNN) refered to PV Georgia 300 as a caboose twice as well, what do they know their just talking heads.