• Thread For Posting Heritage Unit Locations

• Discussion related to Amtrak also known as the National Railroad Passenger Corp.
Discussion related to Amtrak also known as the National Railroad Passenger Corp.

Moderators: GirlOnTheTrain, mtuandrew, Tadman

by mtuandrew

daylight4449 wrote:
DutchRailnut wrote:paint not dry yet ...........................
Well, are there any pics? I really want to see that phase 1 job.
By "not dry", he probably means "still in the paint can" :wink: (not that Dutch works at Beech Grove.)
  by daylight4449

mtuandrew wrote:
daylight4449 wrote:
Well, are there any pics? I really want to see that phase 1 job.
By "not dry", he probably means "still in the paint can" :wink: (not that Dutch works at Beech Grove.)
While that retoric confounds me and frustrates me to no end. It is accurate Information. I really need to learn to read sarcasm.
  by strench707

daylight4449 wrote:I really want to see that phase 1 job.
Soon very soon....
  by Deval

You're dealing with Amtrak, railfans and possibly railroaders. Sarcasm, rhetoric and frustration comes with the territory.

As far as I can tell 145 is the only 40th Anniversary repaint that actually exists at the moment - which is March 6, 2011 @ 12 noon CST.
mtuandrew wrote:
daylight4449 wrote:
While that retoric confounds me and frustrates me to no end. It is accurate Information. I really need to learn to read sarcasm.
  by DutchRailnut

well we have seen pictures of 822 and 406, so 145 is not only one.
  by Deval

Ya mind sharing links? I'd love to see them - and I'm sure some others would too...
DutchRailnut wrote:well we have seen pictures of 822 and 406, so 145 is not only one.
  by DutchRailnut

they were shared here in video of 406 at Beechgrove, the video has since been removed by amtrak employee, probably after some talk by Amtrak muckymucks.
  by cnj1524

I saw the 406 too,wow looks great,but wasnt it a GO Transit at first? Its funny how the F40 pulled amtrak
out of the dirt & now its at the back of the bus on a tour.
  by Tom6921

No, the ex GO F40s were 410-415.
  by daylight4449

DutchRailnut wrote:well we have seen pictures of 822 and 406, so 145 is not only one.
Well, both are in the Phase III scheme, so they match for the tour train. At least that's my guess.
  by Irishiron

I saw 406 in Phase III last night! Of course it was on TV as the star on the hijacking scene of "Loose Cannons" with Dan Akroyd and Gene Hackman. :P

Sorry...couldn't help it. Was kind of a cool find though.
  by daylight4449

Irishiron wrote:I saw 406 in Phase III last night! Of course it was on TV as the star on the hijacking scene of "Loose Cannons" with Dan Akroyd and Gene Hackman. :P

Sorry...couldn't help it. Was kind of a cool find though.
Sweet. Amtrak could benefit from the publicity.
  by AMTK1007

Murjax wrote:P40 822 is in service.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z_IRDIHRDU0
Shake down run....
  by BuddSilverliner269

Locomotive no.145 is currently in washington dc in Ivy City.