Railroad Forums 

• AEM-7 status

• Discussion related to Amtrak also known as the National Railroad Passenger Corp.
Discussion related to Amtrak also known as the National Railroad Passenger Corp.

Moderators: GirlOnTheTrain, mtuandrew, Tadman

#1453430  by ApproachMedium

Well theres really only two reasons for it to go to DC, to be prepped to be transported west to Chicago on the cap, or to be put on some kind of temporary festival display in the station.
 #1453521  by ApproachMedium

There was no troubles with the holidays this year where extra engines were needed.
 #1454622  by gokeefe

It is good to finally see Amtrak get to a position where they have a cushion in some equipment categories.
 #1454764  by chuchubob

Nasadowsk wrote: ...
As for the AEM-7s, let it go - they're done for. Outside of Pueblo, I doubt you'll ever see one run again in the US.

Get a passport and fly to Sweden, SJ and Green Cargo still have a couple hundred RC series units in service. Same thing, only it says ASEA on the side....
I left my passport at home and used my PATCO Freedon Card to cross the border from South Jersey into Philadelphia to photograph a currently operating AEM-7.
 #1454784  by gokeefe

Shades of the GG-1 ... Final operator is a commuter agency.
 #1454787  by Backshophoss

SEPTA,a commuter operator without a sense of history. :(
 #1459762  by ApproachMedium

The 929 has been spotted in Wilmington shops and has in the last 48 hours, provided a "heartbeat" to the system showing it does in fact still function. I wonder if this is one of the two units that were sold to the unknown source and is being readied for transport?