Railroad Forums 

• Port Authority Trans Hudson (PATH) employment

• General discussion about working in the railroad industry. Industry employers are welcome to post openings here.
General discussion about working in the railroad industry. Industry employers are welcome to post openings here.

Moderator: thebigc

#1063397  by ednyc7

matawanaberdeen wrote:
trentals21 wrote:Anybody hear anything? how long does the background check usually take?
Background check should not take longer than a week, could take 2 days if they do it right.
Do they tell you if you pass or fail the background check?
 #1063570  by matawanaberdeen

ednyc7 wrote:
matawanaberdeen wrote:
trentals21 wrote:Anybody hear anything? how long does the background check usually take?
Background check should not take longer than a week, could take 2 days if they do it right.
Do they tell you if you pass or fail the background check?
If you started working for a company in 1995 how could you possibly know the very day you started? These companies today are ridiculous with some of this stuff. Your not trying to deceive them, you just can't remember. I started my job in 1997, but I have NO CLUE what day I started. I just put 1997 on all my applications.
 #1063625  by wjw002

"If you started working for a company in 1995 how could you possibly know the very day you started? These companies today are ridiculous with some of this stuff. Your not trying to deceive them, you just can't remember."

AGREED!!
 #1066092  by wjw002

trentals21 wrote:Has anyone who sent there background check forms in heard anything? This wait is crazy
Nope all that is being said is that the paper work "is in background check and no ETA is available". For what it's worth my paper work has been in background for 4 months. Its frustrating to say the least!
 #1068938  by trentals21

wjw002 wrote:
trentals21 wrote:I really hope this wait is worth it
LOL. Ain't that the truth, latest word is background still being performed & no openings at this time.
It dosent take months to do a background check, they should atleast let us know if we cleared the background check.
 #1069273  by wjw002

matawanaberdeen wrote:Background check can take as little as 2 days I was told by one employer I had an interview with.
You’re correct the longest amount of time prior to this experience has been a week. Wondering if the paper work is sitting in background due to the lack of vacancies? Why go through the expense of running the checks etc.. and there are no openings? Who knows...
 #1069281  by matawanaberdeen

wjw002 wrote:
matawanaberdeen wrote:Background check can take as little as 2 days I was told by one employer I had an interview with.
You’re correct the longest amount of time prior to this experience has been a week. Wondering if the paper work is sitting in background due to the lack of vacancies? Why go through the expense of running the checks etc.. and there are no openings? Who knows...
Its a big, giant Government agency, they have no idea what they are doing. I talked to my friend the other day that is a big supervisor there. He said most people don't realize how big this agency is, bridges, tunnels, airports, trains obviously, even the cruise terminal in NJ is owned by PANY. Its just a giant behemoth of an agency, be patient I guess, but I've been following this thread, I would have lost ALL patients by now.
 #1069325  by trentals21

Yea my patience is soon to run out...heres a glimps at my personal timeline with this agency
10/2011 took entry level maintenance test
4/2012 interviewed
5/2012 got a letter saying I qualified on the interview
6/2012 got a Email asking to update my application and start background check
8/3/2012 Have not heard a peep.......
 #1069344  by matawanaberdeen

trentals21 wrote:Yea my patience is soon to run out...heres a glimps at my personal timeline with this agency
10/2011 took entry level maintenance test
4/2012 interviewed
5/2012 got a letter saying I qualified on the interview
6/2012 got a Email asking to update my application and start background check
8/3/2012 Have not heard a peep.......
That is ridiculous, but if you stick with it, be patient there is a pot of gold at the end of the rainbow. I'd be pissed like you, in fact WAY MORE, but it is what it is.