• Port Authority Trans Hudson (PATH) employment

• General discussion about working in the railroad industry. Industry employers are welcome to post openings here.
General discussion about working in the railroad industry. Industry employers are welcome to post openings here.

Moderator: thebigc

by wjw002

matawanaberdeen wrote:
trentals21 wrote:Yea my patience is soon to run out...heres a glimps at my personal timeline with this agency
10/2011 took entry level maintenance test
4/2012 interviewed
5/2012 got a letter saying I qualified on the interview
6/2012 got a Email asking to update my application and start background check
8/3/2012 Have not heard a peep.......
That is ridiculous, but if you stick with it, be patient there is a pot of gold at the end of the rainbow. I'd be pissed like you, in fact WAY MORE, but it is what it is.

My timeline is very similar basically applied on 10/24/11, took written test on 11/18/11, took oral test on 3/19/12 and passed all. Added to the list of eligible sometime thereafter and been in back ground ever since. I can’t speak for the maintenance positions but it was made very clear to those applying for PIA that you could go through the entire process and still not be placed into a position so... it is what it is.
  by ednyc7

wjw002 wrote:
matawanaberdeen wrote:
trentals21 wrote:Yea my patience is soon to run out...heres a glimps at my personal timeline with this agency
10/2011 took entry level maintenance test
4/2012 interviewed
5/2012 got a letter saying I qualified on the interview
6/2012 got a Email asking to update my application and start background check
8/3/2012 Have not heard a peep.......
That is ridiculous, but if you stick with it, be patient there is a pot of gold at the end of the rainbow. I'd be pissed like you, in fact WAY MORE, but it is what it is.

My timeline is very similar basically applied on 10/24/11, took written test on 11/18/11, took oral test on 3/19/12 and passed all. Added to the list of eligible sometime thereafter and been in back ground ever since. I can’t speak for the maintenance positions but it was made very clear to those applying for PIA that you could go through the entire process and still not be placed into a position so... it is what it is.

Does anyone know what is the next step after the background check?.
  by OportRailfan

Waiting to get an offer for employment, when the need arises.
  by wjw002

OportRailfan wrote:Waiting to get an offer for employment, when the need arises.
What happens if the wait exceeds one yaar do you have to go through the process all over again?
  by OportRailfan

If they said that... I think you should go by their words.
  by trentals21

wjw002 wrote:
OportRailfan wrote:Waiting to get an offer for employment, when the need arises.
What happens if the wait exceeds one yaar do you have to go through the process all over again?
I really hope not, it took a long time just to get to this part of the process.
  by trentals21

wjw002 wrote:Anyone hear anything lately?
Nooo, this wait is rediculous, I even tried calling and leaving a msg and dont ever recieve a call back..this is crazy
  by wjw002

trentals21 wrote:
Nooo, this wait is rediculous, I even tried calling and leaving a msg and dont ever recieve a call back..this is crazy
Did you try and contact the HR rep on your letter that told you you passed your oral exam?
  by trentals21

wjw002 wrote:
trentals21 wrote:
Did you try and contact the HR rep on your letter that told you you passed your oral exam?
Yea, Her name is Bonnie, many ties I tried calling with no answer
  by wjw002

trentals21 wrote:
wjw002 wrote:
trentals21 wrote:
Yea, Her name is Bonnie, many ties I tried calling with no answer
Hmm... That’s weird. Well my paper work is still in background, so I guess no news is good news I suppose. Besides there are no open positions at this time, I guess those that were hired earlier in the year are staying put can't blame anyone with the economy being what it is.
  by CC123

My timeline went something like this 10/11 took and passed test.. 2/12 interview passed .. 7/12 i was told i didnt disclose something in my background check and they terminated my application, so i spoke to someone and they said to write a email explaining in detail what happened and i did and now this month, 8/12, i got a phone call saying im back on the waiting list waiting to be hired
  by trentals21

CC123 wrote:My timeline went something like this 10/11 took and passed test.. 2/12 interview passed .. 7/12 i was told i didnt disclose something in my background check and they terminated my application, so i spoke to someone and they said to write a email explaining in detail what happened and i did and now this month, 8/12, i got a phone call saying im back on the waiting list waiting to be hired
for what position? I havent heard anything since june when they started to conduct my background check