Railroad Forums 

• Port Authority Trans Hudson (PATH) employment

• General discussion about working in the railroad industry. Industry employers are welcome to post openings here.
General discussion about working in the railroad industry. Industry employers are welcome to post openings here.

Moderator: thebigc

#1078685  by OportRailfan

While waiting on a platform, I saw some lady touring a bunch of what looked like new hires around Newark Penn last week. She was explaining to them the locations of things around the station.
 #1079292  by trentals21

OportRailfan wrote:While waiting on a platform, I saw some lady touring a bunch of what looked like new hires around Newark Penn last week. She was explaining to them the locations of things around the station.
thats just depressing, lol
 #1081344  by wjw002

CC123 wrote:hopefully i get hired soon.. i wonder what happens after the year is up.. i dont know what could be taking so long
According to the info I was given the test results etc... are only good for one year you basiclly have to re-apply.
 #1082308  by matawanaberdeen

I gotta say i have dealt with a lot of railroads in the North East and PATH seems to be the screwiest. As bad as Conrail is, and they are F-ing BAD, PATH seems to be the most puzzling. Its a systems with no rules, and know one knows what the actually steps are, and no one seems to ever really get hired. Very, strange indeed.
 #1082561  by trentals21

CC123 wrote:My timeline went something like this 10/11 took and passed test.. 2/12 interview passed .. 7/12 i was told i didnt disclose something in my background check and they terminated my application, so i spoke to someone and they said to write a email explaining in detail what happened and i did and now this month, 8/12, i got a phone call saying im back on the waiting list waiting to be hired
Did they have to bring your application to a committe for review?
 #1083692  by trentals21

CC123 wrote:yes they said my case had to go before a commitee and they approved to put me back on the waiting list
Do you remember how long that took? because my case has to go before a commitee, and I cant get ahold of the girl in HR.
 #1087693  by wjw002

Well it's coming up on a year for me since this entire process started and I'm still no further along than day one. It’s been interesting and real but... time to move on. Best of luck to all those waiting I hope things work out for you.
 #1087771  by matawanaberdeen

wjw002 wrote:Well it's coming up on a year for me since this entire process started and I'm still no further along than day one. It’s been interesting and real but... time to move on. Best of luck to all those waiting I hope things work out for you.
It sucks, its bull$hit, and I understand. I say move on, screw them. There is no need to treat people the way they do, that goes for all these railroads.
 #1103181  by wjw002

So I was recently contacted and told I passed all background checks and that my name is now in the eligibles pool for hire. Here’s the kicker the process is random selection!

Poisons will be filled as positions open up, nothing available at this time.