Discussion of the past and present operations of the Long Island Rail Road.

Moderator: Liquidcamphor

by Long Island 7285

u made the spedo work?

im planning to get the entire cab working soon, i have the pics of the trottle in evert postition now i need to make it fully operational
i hope u didnot release that pic of me as the passenger.

by Lirr168

Thanks for giving me credit for making it, lol j/k. That should be available for download in the train-sim.com library tomorrow, along with my FL9, C-1, and FM H16-44

by Long island Joe

http://long_island_joe.rrpicturearchives.net/pictures/6851/Group%20Photo%201.JPG

More Pics of LIRR Trains

by phoenix

Just an observation.

I have not yet bought a train sim. The last time I considered it, there was not really anything for the LIRR. And htats all I really want t orun, the GP38 and FA units, maybe even a c420 would be fun :)

So just wanted to say thanks for showing us the possibilities.

-Are there many other LIRR uploads available for train-sim these days?

-Regarding the photos, where were those trains being run from? one image looked like it was leaving a train depot in Europe. (keep in mind, I used flight sim but dont know anything as far as how trainsim is same/diffrent.)

-should I get the current train sim, if my goal is to just run LIRR trains or should I wait for the new one that I saw someone here post about?

by Lirr168

It is worth buying the current MSTS b/c there is alot of LIRR equipment available on train-sim.com. In addition, there are other LIRR locomotives and whatnot that train-sim.com will not accept, but I (and I am sure others) will be glad to pass on to you.

Those pics are from the default routes in MSTS, which are in Scotland and Japan, as there are no LIRR routes available to the general public. I have a Dutch-inspired route that is very similiar to the LIRR in many respects.

p.s. if anyone has the C420, please contact me via AIM; I changed machines and do not have it now, but I want it b/c this is designed to run long hood forward, and I have a long hood cab for it. Beyond that, some re-writing of the .eng file might yield an H16-44 that can run long-hood forward. Thanks!

by li7039

Those pics are from the default routes in MSTS, which are in Scotland and Japan, as there are no LIRR routes available to the general public. I have a Dutch-inspired route that is very similiar to the LIRR in many respects.

is that the dag hagg and hogan dam lines

i think dan hagg is better for commuter opperations

by Long island Joe

The Photo's was Taking on The Settle & Carlisle Route Tokyo - Hakone Route and Venice Simplon-Orient-Express Route

http://long_island_joe.rrpicturearchives.net/showPicture.aspx?id=187444

by Lirr168

The Hoogdam and Den Haag were the ones I was referring to; points on the Hoogdam really remind me of the Lower Montauk, and to a lesser degree, the main line

by phoenix

I'll look into getting it.

From a standpoint of trying to install LIRR locos and stock, let me ask this:

if you are familiar with MS flight simulator, and how relatively easy it is to install locos and stock? just drop in the right folder?

also, how much does it run?

cheers,
phoenix

by Lirr168

yup, drag and drop. if you want to do more complex things, e.g. change sounds or cabs, that requires a bit more practice. most things, however, are easily installed. these days, MSTS will only run you around $20, and it's worth it!

by alcoc420

I bought msts about two months ago at compusa for $10.

There is a Port Jefferson route I made that I know at least 10 people have beta copies. It may not be the best, but it is the only one I know of.

I am expanding the PJ route to include the Ronkonkoma branch (Main Line). I started about 2 weeks ago from Divide, and I have laid track to east of Deer Park so far. I hope to get to KO in a week. Then PRR signals for both branches. Then scenery for the KO branch. I have been testing some of the new vegetation available on train-sim. I am getting some pretty decent looking pine barrens. The route is circa 1966.

I made a test run from Divide east a few days ago. I wanted to turn at the Y in Pinelawn, but the sim crashed just as I approached the Y. I hope this thing works when I am done.