Discussion of the past and present operations of the Long Island Rail Road.

Moderator: Liquidcamphor

by R36 #9346

Coming through Jamaica NOW!
  by Amtrak7

Causing traffic snarlups in Garden City as of an hour ago.
  by RRJS3

The train fouled Clinton Road for well over an hour...just one car too big to fit between that crossing and Washington Ave. People at school this morning were talking about the traffic that ensued.

Here's a shot of the chase engine finally shoving the flats.
http://www.railpictures.net/viewphoto.php?id=392645
  by LINYARailfan

Does anybody know when the circus train is scheduled to depart the Garden Mitchell? If so please let me know ASAP and I mean like in the next few hours. Also what time do the engines come in? Thanks.
  by M1 9147

Leaves Tuesday Morning from what I hear!
  by NHEP-5

The engines for the circus train arrived at GC - Mitchel this morning at 10:45. The last show for the circus is tonight.
  by dedm30junk

According to the Road Scratch Sheet All Crews to Report at 6:00am at the Garden Mitchel Secondary for circus train. RF1 RF2 RF3 RF4. I guess the CE will bring out the engines tonight to layover for the crews.
  by Teutobergerwald

Which MP-15ac's will be the power for the movement?
  by SwingMan

Teutobergerwald wrote:Which MP-15ac's will be the power for the movement?

More or less the same power from last week.
  by SlackControl

Anyone watching the train today? Has it been assembled yet? Any word on a departure time from the secondary?
  by R36 #9346

I plan on catching it at Bellerose, Woodside, and Newark Penn.

If anyone is watching for it east of Bellerose, please post updates on its location. If you're on Twitter, please tweet using the hashtag #CircusTrain.
  by NHEP-5

The train is being assembled now. As of 9:55 AM they had not connected the the cars located on the Mitchel Field property. They blocked the Clinton Avenue crossing for at least a half hour already while they moved the other cars around.
  by SlackControl

Just drove past the secondary on Stewart Ave. Looked like the train was still there. Saw the passenger cars when we looked down Washington St. And saw the train moving east. Waiting at Nassau Blvd now.The westbound to Brooklyn just passed.
  by SlackControl

It's 12:40pm and the circus is on the move west, approaching Nassau Blvd.
  by SlackControl

12:50pm, train and chase engine all by Nassau Blvd