• AEM-7 status

• Discussion related to Amtrak also known as the National Railroad Passenger Corp.
Discussion related to Amtrak also known as the National Railroad Passenger Corp.

Moderators: GirlOnTheTrain, mtuandrew, Tadman

by DutchRailnut

927 is sitting in Philly and other two are on MARC, so much for rumours .....
  by Gilbert B Norman

aem7ac921 wrote:
8th Notch wrote:Which leaves 927, 942, 946. Guess I can lighten my bag and ditch the meatball manuals.
Would you be willing to sell any?

Mr AEM ( kid railfan, I think), are you suggesting that a "good company man" resell Amtrak property?

All I know is that when I left the MILW (resigned) during December 1981, I turned in everything to "Radar" (Chief Clerk), including stuff such a System profile book, Employee TT's for the System, and other "memorabilia" that he didn't know I even had.

Your invitation to resell the Amtrak property should be withdrawn. It reminds me of a case when I was "at the throttle" at this Forum, and someone wanted to sell an Amtrak Travel Voucher back in the days they were handing them out like water.
  by aem7ac921

My most sincere apologies. I withdraw my suggestion. Not being an Amtrak employee, I didn't realize that the manuals were railroad property. If I had, I would not have suggested it.
Last edited by aem7ac921 on Thu Feb 18, 2016 1:43 pm, edited 1 time in total.
  by amtrakhogger

The 927 spotted at Princeton Jct headed west with 3 car test train this afternoon.
  by 8th Notch

aem7ac921 wrote:My most sincere apologies. I withdraw my suggestion. Not being an Amtrak employee, I didn't realize that the manuals were railroad property. If I had, I would not have suggested it.
Keep an eye on eBay, a lot of AEM7 related things seem to pop up on there lately.
  by Gilbert B Norman

aem7ac921 wrote: My most sincere apologies. I withdraw my suggestion. Not being an Amtrak employee, I didn't realize that the manuals were railroad property. If I had, I would not have suggested it.
Apology acknowledged, Mr AEM. What others do is what others do, but I don't think the inquiry should be made here.

However, I'm just a member nowadays; I've done my time. I last was the, one and only, Moderator around here during 2007.
  by aem7ac921

Rumor has it that 920 was scrapped on Tuesday, February 16th. This is the first one (that I know of) scrapped since the spring. If anyone happens to know of any others, that information would be sincerely appreciated.
  by 8th Notch

Although the system isn't 100% accurate all the time, I'm still seeing it as Stored and not scrapped.
  by aem7ac921

8th Notch wrote:Although the system isn't 100% accurate all the time, I'm still seeing it as Stored and not scrapped.
Thank you. This is the third time the one of the sources I'm receiving information from has been incorrect. I'll have to find another source.
  by DutchRailnut

it was moved to cut up location yesterday or day before.
https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid ... =3&theater" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
  by ApproachMedium

That link no worky. Im not sure how or why that unit would be scrapped since its a lease unit and the lease is not up yet.
  by aem7ac921

ApproachMedium wrote:That link no worky. Im not sure how or why that unit would be scrapped since its a lease unit and the lease is not up yet.
Maybe Alstom gave the go ahead to scrap them which would be too bad. Also, would the cut up location be Bear, Delaware or another location?
  by DutchRailnut

I assume George Pitz to know what he is talking about as he keeps status of all engines at equipment desk.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Last edited by DutchRailnut on Fri Feb 19, 2016 4:05 pm, edited 1 time in total.
  by ApproachMedium

Ill believe it when i see pictures. I do know george is involved with the power desk but i have other info I cant disclose here on why the leased ones probably need to be in one piece.
  by 8th Notch

Would make sense to me to cut up all of the DC units first...