• 01800 Tracker

• Discussion relating to commuter rail, light rail, and subway operations of the MBTA.
Discussion relating to commuter rail, light rail, and subway operations of the MBTA.

Moderators: sery2831, CRail

by Robert Paniagua

I am noticing the southbound side is at its usal speed, but it's northbound rebound is still creeping out of Braintree, and the "slow downs" along the section north of N.Quincy, behind MAACO, before the flyover and the complete stop prior to entering JFK.

Yeah, I've experienced those slowdowns myself also. I hope that they get lifted soon to allow for better speed management soon, and heck, we could even "drag race" the commuter trains too!

by fm535

As I was approaching Braintree yesterday, I noticed ALOT of the ties have been replaced and new ballast spread around, but there are an entire new slew of red dots painted on split ties around the switch that controls Braintree's parking! I am going to guess that it is going to be a few months before we see speeds raised on that northbound ride! :(

by Robert Paniagua

Oh no, but what can you do, huh? And besides, if they do this Braintree Station tie replacement project in a timely manner, we may see some efficient service.

by fm535

I got on 01858 this morning at 6:30AM, thank god the HVAC was working great (and the ASA was being itself)...but the thing that I found interesting is that there was no ad in the window, but a new placard that obstructs a small amount of the view but doesn't block it. It was titled : "Red Line Train Troubleshooting Tips". It was brand new and it was kinda fun trying to read it backwards and see what I could figure out. Anyone else seen this yet?

by Robert Paniagua

It was titled : "Red Line Train Troubleshooting Tips". It was brand new and it was kinda fun trying to read it backwards and see what I could figure out. Anyone else seen this yet?

Yes, I have actually. I like those cards too, especially when I get to read them. I'll get a photo of the card soon when I have a chance.

Oh, and don't forget yesterday's Category-2 hurricane-style storm yesterday, 7" of rain with lightning and thunder, thank god I wasn't on the T yesterday, I was worried about my new condo, but thankfully my PC was safe.

by Robert Paniagua

Yesterday evening (8/15), I gained 01829 from Park to BRN. Window was occupied with ads, ASA was fine, and so was A/C. This morning, I got on 01857 (trailing unit), with ad in window, and thet "Red Line Train Problem Tips" card, although it was facing away from my view of course. ASA was fine as well and so was A/C.

Also, I got to see those ties at Braintree being marked up for replacement. There weren't that many, but there were also marked with multiple red dots, so I don't know what that means.

by fm535

Nice point of view from one platform to the other this morning, at JFK, on the Braintree side, and seeing brand new wheels on 01863 and on 01822. These wheels were really sharp looking... I wonder if this is in response to the "flat wheel" problem mentioned previously or something else/normal wear & tear. 01863 looked sharp!
  by Robert Paniagua

I gained those two cars from Park Street (01865 & 30) to Braintree, open window on both (hasn't happened in 100 years), got seat for both, ASA was fine, and A/C was fine. Wow, what a double whammy I had for the good :-D
  by Robert Paniagua

Now you can tack on 01839 for yesterday's ride. Window this time was occupied by ad, ASA was fine, and so was A/C.
  by Robert Paniagua

I gained 01829 on Thu, Aug 25. Great times I had, window was open, I got to see the engineer drive that beast and at the South Station Tunnel, I got to see the commercials slides appearing in it's four frames too X 250 feet. ASA was fine and A/C was all right too. So a niiice ride with 1829.

by Robert Paniagua

I rode on 01812 last night from Park Street on down (11/16) to Braintree, ASA was fine, seat was open albeit an occupied window. First time in a while I've ridden the lead car of an 01800.

by Reddy Rocker

That's good, Rob. Unfortunately for me, I had too much on my mind lately to keep track of any 01800's I get, even the ones that had ASA problems.

by Robert Paniagua

Ohhh. Maybe you'll have better luck next time with those cars.

by fm535

Robert, do you have any clue of any incident that has happened on the Braintree branch that started this Ten Code in both directions on the Neponset Bridge? It is excruciating and it is the first time that I have felt that the T is putting people's live's in danger if there is a bad set of tracks there! I really don't feel like swimming this time of year!

by Robert Paniagua

Well, the ten-codes were as a result of bridge work on the flyover, and have been also experienced on the Red Line Siglad 26-2N and 26-1S (north of Braintree Station Platform at the scissors crossover), they had a switching problem last week there which has now been solved.

As far as the Anderson Flyover is concerened again, I hope they finish that work, mainly in the southbound sinde since the slow orders have been hampering travel times on the Red from there to just shy of the North Quincy Station.