Railroad Forums 

• 01800 Tracker

• Discussion relating to commuter rail, light rail, and subway operations of the MBTA.
Discussion relating to commuter rail, light rail, and subway operations of the MBTA.

Moderators: sery2831, CRail

#1010244  by Head-end View

Thanks Rob. Another nail in the railfans' coffin. This is the same problem as on the new Blue Line cars, right? Now, do the even's and odd's always face the same way like on LIRR, or is it mixed so you can catch an odd # car in both directions?
 #1010653  by Head-end View

Makes you wonder why they even build them with windows in the cab partitions.

Rob you didn't say, do the even's and odd's always face the same way or do they mix them directionally? If they all face the same way like on LIRR then we could only ever see in one direction, right?
 #1010956  by Head-end View

Okay, thanks. I'm surprised they don't face them all the same way on the Red Line at least. I guess I'm used to LIRR where everything "even" is east and everything "odd" is west. Even on the Blue Line you'd think they'd want the uniformity of direction, even if the whole train "spins" at Bowdoin on each trip.
 #1010977  by sery2831

There is no need to have them face a certain way. Each maintenance facility has a loop to turn equipment if needed.
 #1430784  by troffey

01815 is also sporting an interior wrap for the new Alien movie
 #1595623  by mbrproductions

Some of the 01800s have been polished, I have been seeing some of them with their steel bodies clean and shiny almost like they were in the 90s. Is this a fleet-wide beautification program or just random?
 #1595632  by jwhite07

Long overdue if they are. I had been noticing in recent trips to Boston how absolutely filthy the equipment is. Really gives one confidence in the system...
 #1599283  by Robert Paniagua

Yes, Ive also notice that the 01800s have been given the C L R teatment, that is being polished of the calcium, lime and rust (the cleaning solvent you used to see on TV commercials, C L R)

They seemed to look as nice as they were when they were coming off fresh off the factory (1993)