• Amherst Show - January 29 & 30

• Discussion related to everything about model railroading, from layout design and planning, to reviews of related model tools and equipment. Discussion includes O, S, HO, N and Z, as well as narrow gauge topics. Also includes discussion of traditional "toy train" and "collector" topics such as Lionel, American Flyer, Marx, and others. Also includes discussion of outdoor garden railways and live steamers.
Discussion related to everything about model railroading, from layout design and planning, to reviews of related model tools and equipment. Discussion includes O, S, HO, N and Z, as well as narrow gauge topics. Also includes discussion of traditional "toy train" and "collector" topics such as Lionel, American Flyer, Marx, and others. Also includes discussion of outdoor garden railways and live steamers.

Moderators: 3rdrail, stilson4283, Otto Vondrak

by kjd73170

Eliphaz wrote:the highlight of the show for me was meeting Richard L Stoving and having him inscribe in my copy of "Boston and Albany Steam Power" . what a fine gentleman to chat with about the NYC era, I adore his books.
I also bought a big stack of back issues of "the Central Headlight" from him.
I've always taken time to talk to him at every show. If the New York Central is your thing, he is the man to speak to. He is one of the people who make the hobby better in my opinion.
  by Otto Vondrak

kjd73170 wrote:
Eliphaz wrote:the highlight of the show for me was meeting Richard L Stoving and having him inscribe in my copy of "Boston and Albany Steam Power" . what a fine gentleman to chat with about the NYC era, I adore his books.
I also bought a big stack of back issues of "the Central Headlight" from him.
I've always taken time to talk to him at every show. If the New York Central is your thing, he is the man to speak to. He is one of the people who make the hobby better in my opinion.
Agreed - hope to see you guys in Albany in April!

http://nycshs.org/convention.html
  by kjd73170

I've always wanted to attend the NYC convention, but either work or other forces have prevented me from doing so. Albany is close enough to make a day of it and head home. This might be the year!