• Amherst Show - January 29 & 30

• Discussion related to everything about model railroading, from layout design and planning, to reviews of related model tools and equipment. Discussion includes O, S, HO, N and Z, as well as narrow gauge topics. Also includes discussion of traditional "toy train" and "collector" topics such as Lionel, American Flyer, Marx, and others. Also includes discussion of outdoor garden railways and live steamers.
Discussion related to everything about model railroading, from layout design and planning, to reviews of related model tools and equipment. Discussion includes O, S, HO, N and Z, as well as narrow gauge topics. Also includes discussion of traditional "toy train" and "collector" topics such as Lionel, American Flyer, Marx, and others. Also includes discussion of outdoor garden railways and live steamers.

Moderators: 3rdrail, stilson4283, Otto Vondrak

by Otto Vondrak

kjd73170 wrote:It's not Timonium MD as far as Railroadania (That's THE railroadania show)
Timonium is a railroadiana show? I thought Gaithersburg, MD was the big railroadiana show. Either way, I always come home from Springfield with plenty of books, timetables and other pieces of railroad paper! I wont be able to get around like I did in the past, I'll be working at the Carstens Publications booth. Make sure you come over and say hello!

-otto-
  by Cadet57

lexon wrote:In case you missed it, there are more clinics this year. A JMRI clinic for using PC software, different DCC systems are among some.
What clinic is that going to be? I just got a Powercab for Christmas and the USB card is going to be one of my purchases and this would be a perfect addition to that.
  by lexon

Cadet57 wrote:
lexon wrote:In case you missed it, there are more clinics this year. A JMRI clinic for using PC software, different DCC systems are among some.
What clinic is that going to be? I just got a Powercab for Christmas and the USB card is going to be one of my purchases and this would be a perfect addition to that.
Again, like I said before, go to the link in the first message and look around. Click on the different links under Clinics. I cannot operate your PC from here.

Rich
  by lexon

3rdrail wrote:
lexon wrote: I cannot operate your PC from here.
Rich
Why not ? Some Indian guy operates mine remotely all the time !
In Boston?

Going to make it to the show?
Bringing my girlfriend. She has no idea about this show though she has lived in Ludlow all her life. I live in Easthampton.

Rich
  by 3rdrail

Wouldn't miss it, Rich. Unless she's a buff, have her bring a book or something to do. My experience is that they get antzy after the third hour or so. Give her something to look forward to also by taking her out afterwards. Not to get personal, my friend, but if you are looking at her as your possible future, no better way to test her compatability. I'll be hovering around the BSRA table a lot. Hope to see you and all my RRN friends !
  by Cadet57

lexon wrote:
Cadet57 wrote:
Again, like I said before, go to the link in the first message and look around. Click on the different links under Clinics. I cannot operate your PC from here.

Rich
No reason to get snotty. I clicked the link... twice in fact. Your link makes no mention of a JMRI demo. There is only one DCC clinic and again, makes no mention of the JMRI system. So unless there is some magical page that's missing, perhaps a clarification is needed.
  by lexon

After you click on CLINICS,
There are four tracks with the words, Click Here.
Go to track four, CLICK ON CLICK HERE.
The words are right below.
To see the schedule of manufacturers' reserved clinics, CLICK HERE!

Track One is full.

Here is the link if that is too hard.

http://www.railroadhobbyshow.com/whoswho.asp#2009WW

READ RIGHT UNDER RED HOT TOPIC.

The Click Here are links to what is avaialble. It cannot be much easier.

Rich
  by Cadet57

lexon wrote:After you click on CLINICS,
There are four tracks with the words, Click Here.
Go to track four, CLICK ON CLICK HERE.
The words are right below.
To see the schedule of manufacturers' reserved clinics, CLICK HERE!

Track One is full.

Here is the link if that is too hard.

http://www.railroadhobbyshow.com/whoswho.asp#2009WW

READ RIGHT UNDER RED HOT TOPIC.

The Click Here are links to what is avaialble. It cannot be much easier.

Rich
Sure. Perhaps if you had said that originally. But no, you linked to another page that made zero mention of it, then get some holier than thou attitude when someone asks a simple dammed question to ask for clarification. Good grief. Im sorry I ever doubted you *eyeroll*
  by lexon

The weather look ok for the show but this is New England.

Saturday, severe clear with maybe some clouds and about 36 F with about 5 mph wind.

Sunday, snow showers with a high of about 33 F and about 8 mph wind.

Rich
  by MNRR New Haven Line

Hello All, I'm planning on attending the show on sunday. My wife is coming with me, besides the show, what other "attractions" are near the show site (translate this to SHOPPING). Thanks....
  by dcm74

Closest big shopping center is Holyoke Mall at Ingleside just a short trip up Route 5 or I-91.
Yankee Candle is further north in South Deerfield. Downtown Northampton has numerous small shops.
  by MNRR New Haven Line

Thanks !!!
  by lexon

West Springfield CSX yard nearby but you would need your own vehicle.

There is typical food inside and a Duncan Donuts coffee stand in the Better Living Center building.
ATM also but the line can get long.

AREA INFO

http://www.valleyvisitor.com/

Nearby Mall.
http://www.holyokemall.com/

Yankee Candle South Deerfield MA off of Rt 91.
http://tinyurl.com/4lyn9lh

Rt 90, Mass Turnpike and Rt 91 major links east, west, North, South.

Google searches will give you a lot of local info. This area is called the Western Mass Pioneer Valley.

Rich
  by MNRR New Haven Line

Thanks Rich
  by Otto Vondrak

FYI if you have never been to this show. You will need all day to visit it. Not the venue for gf's or so's or strollers. This is not an exaggeration.

ALSO, SHOW CONSIDERATION FOR YOUR FELLOW ATTENDEE AND TAKE A SHOWER BEFORE YOU COME TO THIS SHOW OR I WILL DOUSE YOU IN LYSOL.