Railroad Forums 

• MTA Metro-North Railroad Hiring Process

• General discussion about working in the railroad industry. Industry employers are welcome to post openings here.
General discussion about working in the railroad industry. Industry employers are welcome to post openings here.

Moderator: thebigc

#684235  by shadys211

ohh, that sounds soo easyy
so the medical exam is just like drug test, vision and hearing? they said they exam you head to toe which I don't get, what else does it consist of?
 #684263  by truck6018

shadys211 wrote:ohh, that sounds soo easyy
so the medical exam is just like drug test, vision and hearing? they said they exam you head to toe which I don't get, what else does it consist of?
Drug, vision, hearing, ekg, pulmonary function (lung capacity), then the PA gives you the head to toe exam like any other doctor would (turn your head and cough), that sort of thing.
 #686336  by thebigc

Wasn't me. I thought of doing it but noticed one was for track and one was for Trainman so left them be as long as they didn't start crossing over.
 #688499  by RearOfSignal

Well, the last of the new hire AC were marked up early just this week. So for now there are no new hires in training for Assistant Conductor. Only a few are left in class for promo.
 #701863  by Boomer508

Hear that they are scheduling physical agility and medical test soon. Does anyone know if they are putting a class in soon or are they just making a list?
 #702909  by DutchRailnut

matawanaberdeen wrote:Any possible way they'd hire for Locomotive Engineer off the street? Just applied but have slim to none chance I'd guess. Thanks JC
You obiously did not read :

QUALIFICATIONS

All applicants must meet the following:

- High School Diploma or General Education Diploma (GED) required.

- Must be certified Locomotive Engineer pursuant to 49 CFR Part 240 on a Class I railroad with a minimum 18 months experience operating trains. Candidates will be required to furnish a validated copy of their prior railroad history pursuant to 49 CFR 240.109

- Must have good communication skills and be able to read and speak English fluently.

- Must be able to read and understand operating and safety rules; exercise independent judgement; analyze problems; be able to take corrective actions and, be able to "recognize and distinguish" the colors of signals.

- Must successfully complete the training program, which includes on-the-job training. Failure to successfully pass any segment of the training will result in denial of application or termination from the Locomotive Engineers Training Program.

Note: Applicants will automatically be disqualified if their driving record indicates a conviction on an alcohol or substance violation or refusal to submit to testing in connection with a moving violation within the past 36 months.
 #702934  by matawanaberdeen

oh it was a engineer trainee deal. Oops no big deal. Thanks for pointing that out. Is it normal for RR's to put apps. out for an already trained engineer? I never really seen that before,its usually engineer trainee. JC