• MTA Metro-North Railroad Hiring Process

• General discussion about working in the railroad industry. Industry employers are welcome to post openings here.
General discussion about working in the railroad industry. Industry employers are welcome to post openings here.

Moderator: thebigc

by truck6018

chipz150 wrote:im sorry sir it wont happen again heres an appropriate question in metro norths current situation should 1 try to apply for ac where there are more options on pic or apply for ACKOWLEDGE ACKOWLEDGE ?
What every you apply for it's best not to write like you did in your posts. Punctuation and proper grammar goes a long way.

My recommendation is to apply to whatever you can. Right now they are not hiring but they are still recruiting so hiring pools can be established. I would even apply for coach cleaner which is currently being advertised on the Metro North web site.
  by RearOfSignal

Just get your foot in the door. People have gone from Coach Cleaner to Conductor to Engineer and up. Just get in.
  by east84th

How are things working out with Yankee Stadium? Isn't MNR needing more conductors for that? If most of the asst conductors are in the class, where are they going to get the Xtra man power from?
  by RearOfSignal

The AC's in training marked up early unqualified just this week.
  by east84th

So, when would you think that they may start interviewing again and putting some more people into the training?
  by RearOfSignal

??? IDK ???
  by DutchRailnut

east84th wrote:So, when would you think that they may start interviewing again and putting some more people into the training?

most likely not till after laborday (sept)
  by Steamboat Willie

The Yankee Stadium situation will be staffed the same way for a month for ridership studies and will be modified from there. 2 classes were marked up and half are on regular jobs with the other half on the extra list. There are 5 different stories going around as to for how long but the final verdict will come when the union sits down with labor personnel to figure out what is going to happen.
  by east84th

Is there a planned sit down at this time? If so, when would that be?
  by RearOfSignal

east84th wrote:Is there a planned sit down at this time? If so, when would that be?
This has less and less to do with AC testing and applications which the topic is about. If you want to know what the union is doing you'll find out when/if you get hired.
  by east84th

I thought the union had something to do with more people being hired! My bad.
  by Steamboat Willie

Nothing is happening this year due to budget constraints as mentioned in the previous pages. Hiring still needs to be done, although at this time with what is going on there is a freeze. That's where it stands and it hasn't changed since. Last class for '09 was hired in April.
  by RearOfSignal

Thatsgr8 wrote:What will be the deciding factor in them starting to hire conductors again?
Once they need to fill spots. But with the number of people they hired recently things are gonna get really tight this fall/winter once the flagging slows down.
  by shadys211

I've read that the test and interview(if you pass) are on separate days. Is this true?
And would any one happen to know what they ask you during the interview? (coach cleaner)