Discussion related to New Jersey Transit rail and light rail operations.

Moderators: lensovet, Kaback9, nick11a

by firthorfifth06

4024 made an appearance on the RVL this morning, it ran as the 7:59 to Raritan, I took a pic of the locomotive at Newark, a rare sight for me

by nick11a

firthorfifth06 wrote:4024 made an appearance on the RVL this morning, it ran as the 7:59 to Raritan, I took a pic of the locomotive at Newark, a rare sight for me
So it begins.

by M1 9147

Did they use the normal Comet 5/2's with it, or did they use all Comet 5's with the engine?

by Passaic River Rat

M1 9147 wrote:Did they use the normal Comet 5/2's with it, or did they use all Comet 5's with the engine?
They used the standard Comet 2 trailers and Comet 5 cab car.

by nick11a

Yes, I would predict that you'll see the same kind of consists on the RVL.... just now with a PL42AC instead. The RVL seems to have settled into pretty standard consists.

by M1 9147

Thanks for the info guys!!!!!!!

by Raritan Express

firthorfifth06, can you upload the picture? Myself and a lot of others would be really interested in seeing the train.

by NJRail4129

I saw it come through cranford at 8:17, what was very noticeable is how much quieter the PL42 is compared to the GP/F40 fleet. The consists on the RVL seem to move to different trains nearly every day so keep your eyes open.

by ScottTheNiceGuy

I saw the consist this morning heading westbound towards Newark at 10:38, and I was like "Damn! I left my camera in my truck and I don't want to go back to get it!".

by NJRail4129

FYI next time you're in NWK track 5 pay attention towards the west end of the station just before the end of the platform. a "PL42 STOP" sign was recently put up to show where to spot the cab window. Guess these will be regular power on the RVL now.

by fetzdog121

i was under the impression that trainsets for the rvl and njcl often switched. Is that still true, if so is there a possibility that they will end up on the coast line in the near future?

by ryanov

firthorfifth06 wrote:4024 made an appearance on the RVL this morning, it ran as the 7:59 to Raritan, I took a pic of the locomotive at Newark, a rare sight for me
Hah. So did I! I took that train to Bound Brook.

by ryanov

Passaic River Rat wrote:
M1 9147 wrote:Did they use the normal Comet 5/2's with it, or did they use all Comet 5's with the engine?
They used the standard Comet 2 trailers and Comet 5 cab car.
Not on that train -- it was a C2 set with a C4 cab.

by ryanov

ScottTheNiceGuy wrote:I saw the consist this morning heading westbound towards Newark at 10:38, and I was like "Damn! I left my camera in my truck and I don't want to go back to get it!".
West to Newark? On the waterfront connection?

by ScottTheNiceGuy

ryanov wrote:
ScottTheNiceGuy wrote:I saw the consist this morning heading westbound towards Newark at 10:38, and I was like "Damn! I left my camera in my truck and I don't want to go back to get it!".
West to Newark? On the waterfront connection?
No. I was in Union. I go to school at Kean, and I was looking out the window in class at spotted the PL42 pushing......so I guess Eastbound. My bad......