Discussion related to New Jersey Transit rail and light rail operations.

Moderators: lensovet, Kaback9, nick11a

by blockline4180

Zeke wrote:Road foreman told me that PL-42s will debut on the RVL in February and we will be given a one hour refresher course in late January utilizing the 4004.

Any updates on this???

by nick11a

blockline4180 wrote:
Zeke wrote:Road foreman told me that PL-42s will debut on the RVL in February and we will be given a one hour refresher course in late January utilizing the 4004.

Any updates on this???
What's the rush? :wink:

by blockline4180

nick11a wrote:
blockline4180 wrote:

Any updates on this???
I'd prefer less PL42's on the Hoboken division...That is the rush!! :P

by nick11a

blockline4180 wrote:
nick11a wrote:
blockline4180 wrote:

Any updates on this???
I'd prefer less PL42's on the Hoboken division...That is the rush!! :P
Gotcha. :-)

by firthorfifth06

i dunno if more PL42's will make my RVL commute better or worse. from what I keep reading here, it just sounds like alstom just did a piss poor job of putting together a good locomotive. arent these things notorious for breakdowns and derailments?

by nick11a

Better from an acceleration standpoint.... better from a noise pollution standpoint.... worse from a reliability standpoint. And as for air pollution, they're probably about the same as what you guys got now.

by transit383

blockline4180 wrote:I'd prefer less PL42's on the Hoboken division...That is the rush!! :P
And I'm getting bored with the same GP40s and F40s over here on the RVL and NJCL... we need some variety!

by nick11a

transit383 wrote:
blockline4180 wrote:I'd prefer less PL42's on the Hoboken division...That is the rush!! :P
And I'm getting bored with the same GP40s and F40s over here on the RVL and NJCL... we need some variety!
Be careful what you wish for..... :wink:

by transit383

nick11a wrote:Be careful what you wish for..... :wink:
Haha, you're probably right. I can hear myself saying "Ugh, another PL42" after they start widespread roaming the Newark Division. :-D

by ApproachMedium

So maybe now that they are accepted across all divisions and they are going to start using them everywhere they will make the other half of the order to make them even more widespread!

PL42AC V2.0 since V1.0 is up to about V1.6. How many times they revise that engines software? like 10?

by Raritan Express

transit383 wrote:
nick11a wrote:Be careful what you wish for..... :wink:
Haha, you're probably right. I can hear myself saying "Ugh, another PL42" after they start widespread roaming the Newark Division. :-D
I can't wait to see a PL42 trying to rescue another PL42 like with the GP40s (I think) in Gerald's avatar a while ago. :wink:

by Hebrewman9

transit383 wrote:
Down here in Philly, not only do we have SEPTA regional rail, which has very little variety, but then we get the ACL, which has only had geeps, and comets IVs and Vs over 360 days a year, for a few years now. We don't get any variety, although I guess we don't want comet Vs or Is anyway :wink:

by NJTMatt

Dragged a PL42 from the Club up to Raritan last night/this morning to be placed on a train. Took 4004 and 4129 back to the MMC. If you see alot of oil spots on the PL42, its because 4303 was spewing oil in front of it on the way up. Sorry, I forget the number that I took up.

by transit383

Raritan Express wrote:I can't wait to see a PL42 trying to rescue another PL42 like with the GP40s (I think) in Gerald's avatar a while ago. :wink:
I don't know if you'll get this kind of action with the PL42s!:

4212 towing 4149 and train

by nick11a

transit383 wrote:
Raritan Express wrote:I can't wait to see a PL42 trying to rescue another PL42 like with the GP40s (I think) in Gerald's avatar a while ago. :wink:
I don't know if you'll get this kind of action with the PL42s!:

4212 towing 4149 and train
I should think not. :-)