• NJT New Jersey Transit New System Map / Logo

• Discussion related to New Jersey Transit rail and light rail operations.
Discussion related to New Jersey Transit rail and light rail operations.

Moderators: lensovet, Kaback9, nick11a

by 25Hz

Horrid. I don't like anything about it. Bring back the map from 2001.

West trenton not being there actually does bother me, because not only do busses connect trenton transit center with west trenton, but it's a railroad station in NJ that connects to PA (interstate travel point).
  by MACTRAXX

Everyone: I found this new map interesting-but I like geographically-correct maps better then abstract maps
like this one is anyway...MACTRAXX
  by nick11a

I don't think this map is going to make customers any less confused than before.

Not a fan of Gladstone Line.

I like the idea of of separating the colors between the Morristown Line and Gladstone Branch and the Main and Bergen Lines. The Dark Green/Light Green works pretty well for the Morris and Essex Lines..... the Yellow/Baby Blue is a little weird for the Main/Bergen Lines.
  by oknazevad

nick11a wrote: Not a fan of Gladstone Line.
I noticed that NJT referred to it as the Gladstone Line in their PTC fillings (seen here: http://www.regulations.gov/#!documentDe ... -0033-0004; found in the thread on PTC).

As that's from mid-2010, it seems like "Gladstone Line" isn't actually a new idea. It does give a certain consistency to NJT's naming, as it had been the only "branch" (other than the Princeton shuttle, which, as Chuchubob pointed out, is shown to the new map as light rail! Then again, so is the Meadowlands Line. These are fundamental errors that make this map embarrassing.)
  by oknazevad

Another thought, tangentially related: Does anyone actually use the "Morristown Line" name? Most, here at least, use the Morris & Essex name far more often.
  by RWERN

Even for a schematic map, this is hideous and laden with errors. While I could understand why some might have found the old map confusing, this new one was pretty damn needless and is only going to create more confusion.
  by andre

the wonders that can be created in MS Paint ;-)
  by R-44

Everyone should complain to transit. They can't even get the ferry connections correct.
  by roachcoach1186

It was designed by somebody who only had a ruler.

It makes the hackettstown station look like it's so close to the PA border, where are they going to fit in Andover?
  by uzplayer

chuchubob wrote:
Amtrak7 wrote:...Some interesting changes. The Bergen County Line is now blue. The Gladstone is now light green, the Dinky is now white....
The Dinky is shown as a light rail line.
Amazing! I never knew NJT went so far as to convert the Dinky AND the Meadowlands Rail Spur into light rail lines. And yet they don't have enough $$$ to restore passenger rail on the NYS&W?

(For those who are not aware, I am being sarcastic. :) )
  by uzplayer

Another mistake... Grammatical error towards the bottom:

"New Jersey Transit Warmly Welcomes All American Express Cards."

WTF?
  by Hawaiitiki

Someone correct me if I'm wrong but doesn't the Meadowlands Line originate in Hoboken, not Secaucus
  by morris&essex4ever

Hawaiitiki wrote:Someone correct me if I'm wrong but doesn't the Meadowlands Line originate in Hoboken, not Secaucus
Correct, it does originate in Hoboken.
  by R36 Combine Coach

Technically the Bergen County Line should be shown terminating in Waldwick, since only a few peak trains run through to Suffern.