• NJT New Jersey Transit New System Map / Logo

• Discussion related to New Jersey Transit rail and light rail operations.
Discussion related to New Jersey Transit rail and light rail operations.

Moderators: lensovet, Kaback9, nick11a

by ACeInTheHole

I was stating a mere opinion nick that i did not like the logo/striping on NJTs newer engines, considering the oldest ALP46s are now turning 11 years old. Ive actually had approximately 11 years to get used to it.
  by Sid Farkus

Is it just me, or has anyone else felt like they have lost a ton of brain cells reading this thread?
  by Kaback9

Any objection to a lock or merge with the new map thread? I thought I would let you guys get a chance to voice an opinion, I'm seeing the same issues brought up in the new map thread but I want a general consensus.
  by nick11a

Kaback9 wrote:Any objection to a lock or merge with the new map thread? I thought I would let you guys get a chance to voice an opinion, I'm seeing the same issues brought up in the new map thread but I want a general consensus.
I say merge 'em. It's the same conversation, in a different medium.
  by ACeInTheHole

nick11a wrote:
Kaback9 wrote:Any objection to a lock or merge with the new map thread? I thought I would let you guys get a chance to voice an opinion, I'm seeing the same issues brought up in the new map thread but I want a general consensus.
I say merge 'em. It's the same conversation, in a different medium.
I second nick, ya might as well rename the combined thread while youre at it Brandon.
  by MACTRAXX

Everyone: I looked at what is posted and I feel that if this changed logo or letter type
starts showing up on timetables and other print media this will then be official...

MACTRAXX
  by uzplayer

I guess they're going for more of a classic look.

Doesn't seem that appealing. Although I was not much of a fan of the old logo either.
  by 25Hz

Many of the printed materials are black & white or have this blue & white color. NJT is in the middle of rebranding themselves, along with the chitty new map you're getting new railcars, new locomotives, station renovations, parking, new TVM's, mobile communication & information systems, and i'm sorry if you liked the tri-color scheme, i have a feeling it's going away and the home page is the first to go.

The disco stripe, like the inverted arrow, reminds people of how bad transit used to be. For NJT to win mindshare, these changes have to be made. I for one welcome it.
  by ApproachMedium

For as much as that pointless arrow may remind people of things that once were, everyone still knows thats Amtrak even over the current logos. You would be surprised how many stations still have that logo and how many little things all over the company still carry it.
  by 25Hz

ApproachMedium wrote:For as much as that pointless arrow may remind people of things that once were, everyone still knows thats Amtrak even over the current logos. You would be surprised how many stations still have that logo and how many little things all over the company still carry it.
Oh, i know. lots of signs pointing to stations have it still.

http://i899.photobucket.com/albums/ac19 ... e07e47.jpg
  by Kaback9

Merged with New System Map Thread. Thread name change coming soon..
  by Jeff Smith

Kaback9 wrote:Merged with New System Map Thread. Thread name change coming soon..
Gotcha! Kept wondering why it was showing up with new posts in my thread from page 2......
  by Jtgshu

I haven't noticed any change on any official NJT paperwork, and on their new youtube channel, with recent videos posted, shows the "regular" NJT logo and font.