• FL9 F-10 Discussion: Metro-North / CtDOT / Amtrak

• This forum will be for issues that don't belong specifically to one NYC area transit agency, but several. For instance, intra-MTA proposals or MTA-wide issues, which may involve both Metro-North Railroad (MNRR) and the Long Island Railroad (LIRR). Other intra-agency examples: through running such as the now discontinued MNRR-NJT Meadowlands special. Topics which only concern one operating agency should remain in their respective forums.
This forum will be for issues that don't belong specifically to one NYC area transit agency, but several. For instance, intra-MTA proposals or MTA-wide issues, which may involve both Metro-North Railroad (MNRR) and the Long Island Railroad (LIRR). Other intra-agency examples: through running such as the now discontinued MNRR-NJT Meadowlands special. Topics which only concern one operating agency should remain in their respective forums.

Moderators: GirlOnTheTrain, nomis, FL9AC, Jeff Smith

by Otto Vondrak

410, 413, and 2016 are all in Put Jct. 2/25
Last edited by Otto Vondrak on Sat Feb 26, 2005 3:54 pm, edited 1 time in total.

by Terminal Proceed

looks like the shuttle will be 410,413 & three coaches

by nh chris

I saw No. 2011 on the New Canaan shuttle today at Stamford. Sounded like she was running well. :-)

NH Chris

by Otto Vondrak

On the NEW CANNAN shuttle? Are you sure you don't mean the Danbury shuttle? You may have seen it laying over in Stamford yard.

-otto-

by DutchRailnut

2011 was on Danbury shuttle, I brought it to Stamford for Fuel at 11.34 on train 1855, and at 12.50 it left again on train 1826.
2016 is on the 3 car Danbury shuttle used on train 1844 at 17.00

by nh chris

Danbury, is of course correct, Otto. Don't know what I was thinking. :-)

by PutnamJct

NH 2024 was pulling 1 of the shuttles at Southeast (Brewster North if you've been napping) this morning.

by Otto Vondrak

2011 is on the Danbury shuttle 3/5.

by Maybrook fan

413 was pulling the Wassaic shuttle north out of Patterson around 9:00 pm Wednesday night.

by DutchRailnut

Danbury still has 2011 on two car shuttle and 2016 on three car shuttle

by PutnamJct

Wassaic had 2014 last night, most likely there until mid-week.

by ncvab

Metro North will be considering two excursions next year: 50th Anniversary of the FL9, and 60th of the F10's (F3's). Both trips will include the Beacon Line and a visit to Danbury.

by MN Jim

ncvab wrote:Metro North will be considering two excursions next year: 50th Anniversary of the FL9, and 60th of the F10's (F3's). Both trips will include the Beacon Line and a visit to Danbury.
Hmmm...that's news to the people who run the trips...the 2005 trip hasn't even been nailed down yet, much less thoughts of 2006. That said, both ideas have been floated. But there won't be two trips in one year over the Beacon Line.

Jim

by njtmnrrbuff

It would be nice to have a trip powered by cab units. They should start as close as they can to GCT, it could even be a crew point like Croton. I have never ridden the Beacon, but I have ridden the entire system in general.

by DutchRailnut

MNCR can not run cab units into or out of tunnel or Terminal in revenue service, that includes excursions.
Non of these units has third rail capabilities and MNCR promised the powers to be, no more cab units in GCT other than equipment moves.