• FL9 F-10 Discussion: Metro-North / CtDOT / Amtrak

• This forum will be for issues that don't belong specifically to one NYC area transit agency, but several. For instance, intra-MTA proposals or MTA-wide issues, which may involve both Metro-North Railroad (MNRR) and the Long Island Railroad (LIRR). Other intra-agency examples: through running such as the now discontinued MNRR-NJT Meadowlands special. Topics which only concern one operating agency should remain in their respective forums.
This forum will be for issues that don't belong specifically to one NYC area transit agency, but several. For instance, intra-MTA proposals or MTA-wide issues, which may involve both Metro-North Railroad (MNRR) and the Long Island Railroad (LIRR). Other intra-agency examples: through running such as the now discontinued MNRR-NJT Meadowlands special. Topics which only concern one operating agency should remain in their respective forums.

Moderators: GirlOnTheTrain, nomis, FL9AC, Jeff Smith

by nh chris

F-10 No. 411 spotted today pushing the wire train in Harrison to repair wires pulled down during last night's commute.

by DutchRailnut

Danbury currently has 2016 on two car shuttle. and 2024 on the 3 car shuttle.

by njtmnrrbuff

At about 10:50 in Stamford on my way to Boston on the acela, I saw an ex-NH one, I think 2015. It was probaly incharge of a day job on the danbury. Actually I think it was because it caught up with us in SoNo.

by mc367

F-units on Metro-North, another thing I have to add to the list of stuff I have to get before its gone for ever, The type of stuff I should have focused on a few years ago. My dad and I tried last summer, but no luck the one train we had time to see in Danbury had a GE on it.

So much to record on film, but the clock is running.

-Justin Franz

by DutchRailnut

They were indeed all New Haven but run longer for MNCR or Conrail than they actualy did running for the cash strapped New Haven.

by DutchRailnut

I would not brag about things like that we do have Managers who read these posts. you could get an engineer in trouble.
yes all units previously mentioned are still in service.

by DutchRailnut

F-10's are made by International Hobby Products
the FL-9 is made by Branford Hobbies (aka NH Terminal)

by ANDY117

Thanks Dutch! Now ill have projects over the summer, and any weekend im not busy.

by oddball

any idea how much the fl9 model would cost? and where can i find it?

by ANDY117

OddBall, this is being talked about in the HO an N scale forum.

by Otto Vondrak

A lot of units dead in storage were cut up in December 2004. Besides the LIRR 301 and 300, anyone know what other units were cut up for Toyotas?

-otto-

by Terminal Proceed

HO scale FL 9s are made by Overland models also. They are brass. I saw them at the show in Sproingfield and the look MAGNIFICENT.

They come with a huge price tag as well. The retail list will be $840. I was told by Overland reps that I could obtain them for about $650.

by DogBert

LIRR 300-302 are still in croton north, along with MN 2044. Or at least they were there as of 2-3 weeks ago...

There were 3 huge pile by the scrap track though, probably about 30 ft. high each.

by brnxvill

My God that's sad...

by Otto Vondrak

Last I heard, CDOT FL9m's 2024 and 2014 are back-to-back on the Wassaic shuttle with 2014 leading. Makes for a nice shot in the afternoon at Wassaic.

-otto-